Increase your competence and confidence to confront conflict and influence opportunities
Research shows that less than 4% of managers reach win-win outcomes. And even on issues for which people are in perfect agreement, they fail to realize it 50% of the time. The reason for this is three-fold: (1) lack of practice, (2) lack of knowledge about the principles and strategies of negotiation, (3) systematic mistakes and biases. This course will address all three areas.
The remarkable thing about negotiations is that, wherever they occur, they are governed by similar principles. In this course, participants learn the theory and processes of negotiation in a variety of settings. They will develop an understanding of the principles, strategies, and tactics of effective negotiation, enhance their ability to assess the variables in negotiations and the impact of interpersonal styles and personality.
In a series of varied bargaining simulations and debriefings built directly around real business issues, this program provides participants with the opportunity to develop their negotiation skills. Each simulation will highlight the central concepts that underlie negotiation strategy. These concepts are the fundamental building blocks for planning negotiation strategy, managing the negotiation process, and evaluating the quality of negotiation outcomes.
Participants will be able to expand their negotiation tool-chest, explore their personal style and its impact, identify specific areas for individual development, and develop greater strategic flexibility across situations and people by trying out new behaviors and strategies in a safe, supportive environment.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
Tuesday, June 6, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. |
|Online - Webinar||Event has Passed|
Date and Time:
Tuesday, June 6, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Online - Webinar
Event has Passed
- How to prepare for negotiations?
- What are the key strategies in distributive negotiations?
- What are the key strategies in integrative negotiations?
- What is your negotiation style and how does it impact negotiation outcomes?
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Recognize, understand, and analyze essential concepts and common biases in negotiations.
- Recognize which strategies are effective for a particular situation
- Develop leadership skills by creating value
- Be able to work with people with different backgrounds, expectations and values
- Use well-defined strategies to improve your ability to negotiate successfully
Who Should Attend
Technical professionals and general managers.
No prior knowledge is necessary; however, participants should be familiar with or have experience and responsibility for managing change.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant