Servant Leadership through Empowerment and Influence
Learn team leadership through emotional intelligence at this Weatherhead Executive Education program.
We often associate the idea of leadership with words like power, authority, and charisma. But historically the people who make lasting positive change know true leadership is about developing individuals and building a community around a shared purpose. Servant Leaders put the people they lead first, empower them, help them develop their full personal capacities and unlock their potential, creativity and sense of purpose. The servant leader moves beyond the transactional aspects of management, and instead actively seeks to develop and align an employee's sense of purpose with the company mission.
With a servant leader at the helm, empowered staff work together as a high-performing team - more engaged and purpose-driven. This in turn allows an organization to develop future leaders and ensures the long-term viability of the organization.
This program will allow managers to think differently about leadership and team development, and gain useful tools to lead effectively while keeping focused on those who are a part of their organization. Using the ideas of personal Integrity, good communication, foresight, collaboration and systems thinking, this program will give participants practical tools, starting with a self-evaluation, to move toward implementing a culture of servant leadership within their organization.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Jeremy Graves, PhD||
Tuesday, July 25, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. |
|Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- A leader's journey
- Identify your leadership style
- What is Servant Leadership?
- 7 characteristics of a servant leader organization
- 7 ways to increase your servant leadership ability
- Steps to overcome the enemies of servant leadership
- How to build a servant leadership culture
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Compare and contrast power-leadership with Servant Leadership
- Identify the universal characteristics and behaviors of servant leaders
- Examine their own leadership style as it relates to the Servant Leader model
- Create a personal plan to develop Servant Leader attitudes and behaviors
- Develop a plan to build a servant leadership culture i.e. engaged and empowered employees within their organizations
Who Should Attend
- New or functional managers who want to get leadership & management experience i.e. technically savvy managers who need development in leadership and management.
- Managers and Directors of teams, products and services. Business unit heads who are looking for development in the current economy and in developing critical leadership and management skills in the new world order.
- Someone who is leading a team that is not functioning at a healthy level
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant