This course provides healthcare managers with the ability to apply process improvement and quality concepts to Six Sigma projects. With case studies and examples tailored specifically to the healthcare industry, individuals will understand the relevance, utility and impact of various methodologies and tools to their specific objectives.
Specifically, the course will provide an understanding of the Six Sigma Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) methodology, concepts, and basic process improvement tools. Basic Lean concepts will be integrated into the course content.
Through project-based learning, participants will learn how these concepts and tools apply to specific healthcare areas. The course will introduce the following DMAIC tools: Key processes identification, project definition, process maps, SIPOC, supplier and customer requirements validation, measurement systems, affinity diagram, Pareto chart, trend chart, histogram, fishbone diagram, 5-why analysis, scatter plots, FMEA, error-proofing, control charts and control plans.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Ellen Burts-Cooper, Ph.D.||Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- The history of Six Sigma
- The basic concept of Six Sigma
- Awareness of the three Six Sigma methodologies
- Learn to apply the DMAIC methodology
- DMAIC tools overview
- DMAIC tool exercises
- Lean Six Sigma overview
- Service sector case studies
- Review tools checklist
- Final Assessment (for Yellow Belt Certification)
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the benefits and implications of a Six Sigma program
- Understand the five-step DMAIC methodology framework used for process improvement
- Learn how to identify and incorporate optimal tools to address various process and quality challenges
- Evaluate Lean Six Sigma tools in the context of their specific projects
- Take a real-life example through the DMAIC methodology
- Use the concept of a Sigma Level to evaluate the capability of a process or organization
- Recognize the organizational factors necessary for a successful Six Sigma program deployment
- Learn to apply basic process improvement tools within the Six Sigma DMAIC model
- Complete final assessment on the methodology and tools for Yellow Belt Certification
Who Should Attend
The course is targeted at healthcare professionals who seek a firm grasp of how the various Lean Six Sigma process tools can be utilized in their specific projects. This course will be beneficial for: (1) individuals who are in organizations that are beginning to deploy Six Sigma or (2) for individuals in service-oriented industries, who will be contributing members of Six Sigma teams. The information covered in this course will satisfy the requirement for Yellow Belt Certification. Certification will be granted to those who pass the final assessment.
Individual Participants: $1,290
Package Pricing: 2 class day per participant