The days of the talking head are over! Today’s audiences are more sophisticated, more educated and more impatient--they want to be entertained as well as be informed. Whether you are speaking to two people or two thousand, in-person or virtual, selling ideas, or delivering information, effective communication skills are key. This interactive program is designed to start you on your way to becoming more organized, confident, dynamic, and entertaining presenter.
The secret to a powerful presentation is not just content, but the way you deliver the material. Based on Patrick’s book “Communicating with IMPACT”, this interactive workshop is for anyone who must present to a group, run meetings, and/or sell ideas to others. Patrick Donadio has been speaking professionally for over 30 years and is one in a handful of people in the world to have earned both the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and Master Certified Coach (MCC) designations.
Get practical tools to add that “wow” factor to your next speech, presentation or meeting to improve your relationship with the audience/listener and enhance the reception of your message.
- Presentations Skills Inventory (Self-evaluation)
- Identify strengths and areas for improvement
- The 8 most common speaking mistakes to avoid
- The 6-Step IMPACT Process:
- Intentional Communication
- How to craft a powerful, strategic, intention statement
- The power of why
- Message Management
- Learn a non-linear, outline technique to create a message that will achieve your intention
- How to plan and organize what to say in less time
- Impact of nonverbal communication
- 6 dynamic ways to open and close your presentation
- Personalize Content
- Tips for analyzing your audience go Identify their needs and goals
- How to adapt your communication to the audience
- Activated Engagement
- Techniques to engage/build rapport with your audience (Live/Virtually)
- Pointers for using audio-visuals/slides, handouts, and group interaction
- A system to increase your confidence
- Clarified Meaning
- Explore techniques to summarize and check for understanding
- Insider techniques for Handling Questions and Answers
- Transformational Results
- Two ways to transform words into actions to get greater results
- Shift the mindset of the receiver
- Personal action plan
- Attendees also receive a bonus brochure, The Donadio Checklist, which features what to do before and during your presentation.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Identify/Learn the 6 principals to Communicating with IMPACT.
- Fine-tune their speaking skills and increase the impact of their message.
- Uncover techniques that will improve their relationship with the audience and enhance the reception of the message.
- Develop confidence in their speaking/presenting abilities for any situation.
- Recognize the impact of non-verbal behavior.
- Apply and practice the IMPACT process to change verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Develop an "Action Plan" to practice and implement newly learned skills.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is appropriate for anyone - managers, sales professionals or team leaders interested in improving their speaking and presentation skills by becoming a more persuasive and effective communicator.
Those who have attended “Powerful Presentations” in the past will gain new skills and insights in this revised program.