Persuasion at work is a set of powerful conversations that help you refine your requests and ideas while making them more viable and attractive to colleagues. Your ability to successfully champion initiatives is crucial to your influence. It’s simply not enough to bring your experience or expertise to the meeting room. Constructive persuasion skills are today’s ‘make or break’ differentiator. While we have many ways to influence others, persuasion is the most versatile. Research shows that it’s the one influence skill that works in all directions - downwards, sideways, and upwards. It’s an invaluable skill, yet few of us have ever been trained in how to do it well.
This program will teach you the skills to “sell” initiatives to individuals who are ongoing, important relationships. Far from the stereotype of more transactional persuasion, this hands-on class will help you craft compelling dialogues to lead others to commit to initiatives, and possibly implement them on your behalf. Participants will explore the four key skills associated with the art of persuasion and apply them to an actual initiative or request that requires extensive persuasion. You won’t only be learning but also perfecting the skills required to move your ideas forward and into fruition.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Jay A Conger||
Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022 from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. |
|Online - Webinar||Add to Cart|
- Persuasion: your invaluable ally in influence
- The stereotypes of persuasion that get in our way
- Constructive persuasion versus selling or transactional persuasion
- The four core techniques of constructive persuasion
- Crafting powerful persuasive conversations
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Discover how stereotypes of persuasion more often lead us astray
- Learn how to structure persuasive conversations by crafting powerful questions
- Explore how constructive persuasion is fundamentally different from a sales pitch or a well-honed monologue.
- Apply the four core techniques of constructive persuasion
- Credibility building
- Faming for common ground
- Crafting compelling arguments
- Making emotional connections
- Practice the skills of constructive persuasion using their own initiatives
Who Should Attend
Executives, managers and individual contributors. This program will be especially helpful for individuals championing change, pitching ideas and innovation initiatives.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant