Navigating Uncharted Waters: Leading when Change is Hard
Formerly "Walking the Tightrope: Mindfulness and the Practice of Adaptive Leadership"
Is your organization facing changes where there are no simple solutions? How do you personally engage with change as a leader? What are key skills for both managing yourself in the moment, as well as taking a higher level perspective as you navigate change in your organization?
This program offers practical tools to maneuver through uncertainty. You will learn how to intentionally shift mindset in the face of change to create new options and opportunities as well as sustain your team through a difficult voyage.
You will also learn core frameworks of adaptive leadership to make sense and take action in your organization to facilitate an effective change experience.
Expect to use a real challenge (brought by you) as a focal point for our work together. During the second day you will work collaboratively to develop strategies and solutions to your challenge.
Overall, the course enables you to support your team in ways that increase better chances for success.
- Learn a framework to make sense of what is going on in your organizational system.
- Practice mindfulness to manage the fear of difficult adaptive change.
- Distinguish between changes that have no known solution and those that do, and how to manage them differently.
- Explore the neuroscience of stressors and pain in the process of adaptive change, and tools to address it.
- Holding you and your organization steady through unexpected storms of change.
- Using mindfulness to thrive through the real dangers that can arise when tackling adaptive change.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Identify self-inflicted patterns that thwart possibilities of change within yourself.
- Differentiate between personal identities and professional roles.
- Expand capacity to identify stakeholders and cultivate relationships to support adaptive change.
- Practice managing unhelpful and destructive nervous system responses and reactions.
- Enhance the ability to apply mindfulness techniques as a strategic tool for leading.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for team and project leaders at any organizational level, within any functional area. It is ideal for those who want to tie the personal practice of mindfulness directly to their leadership skills and strategies.