Formerly "Walking the Tightrope: Mindfulness and the Practice of Adaptive Leadership"
Uncertainty looms large as organizations and society face a triple epidemic: COVID 19, racism, and economic instability. Leaders have no easy answers. In uncertain times, leaders are compelled to lead in new and different ways. This pressure impacts the effectiveness of leaders and their teams. These changes have implications for themselves, their teams, as well as their organizational results.
This program contributes tools to maneuver through uncertainty with frameworks to guide adaptive change and mindfulness. Understanding how to intentionally shift how your mind works in the face of change is a powerful leadership asset. Mindfulness can create new options and opportunities as well as sustain your team through a difficult voyage. Overall, it enables you to support your team in ways that increase better chances for success.
Expect to use a real challenge (brought by you) as a focal point for our work together. Our goal is to provide practical tools to enhance your ability to lead change.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Carmen F Foster, and Jeremy Hunter||
Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. |
Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Online - Webinar||Add to Cart|
- Learn a framework to make sense of what is going on in your organizational system.
- Practice mindfulness to manage the fear of difficult adaptive change.
- Distinguish between changes that have no known solution and those that do, and how to manage them differently.
- Explore the neuroscience of stressors and pain in the process of adaptive change, and tools to address it.
- Holding you and your organization steady through unexpected storms of change.
- Using mindfulness to thrive through the real dangers that can arise when tackling adaptive change.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Identify self-inflicted patterns that thwart possibilities of change within yourself.
- Differentiate between personal identities and professional roles.
- Expand capacity to identify stakeholders and cultivate relationships to support adaptive change.
- Practice managing unhelpful and destructive nervous system responses and reactions.
- Enhance the ability to apply mindfulness techniques as a strategic tool for leading.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for team and project leaders at any organizational level, within any functional area. It is ideal for those who want to tie the personal practice of mindfulness directly to their leadership skills and strategies.
Individual Participants: $1,390
Package Pricing: 2 class day per participant