Over 70% of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) fail. You will develop sound fundementals for understanding (a) when M&A should be considered and (b) how to navigate through the various steps of M&A from selection, negotiations and integration of the acquired entity.
The key point that we want to establish is that M&A are not an end but a means to buy (as opposed to make) certain capabilities. The question, therefore, is why do we need these capabilities and how will these capabilities lead to increased profits? We will demonstrate that clarity in this question enables successful acquiring firms to avoid the two primary reasons cited for M&A failure: too high a premium and integration problems. It is imperative, therefore, that managers have a framework to analyze how firm capabilities lead to sustainable profits. Less emphasis will be places on strict financial valuations.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Sayan Chatterjee, Ph.D.||Friday, April 19, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Sayan Chatterjee, Ph.D.
Date and Time:
Friday, April 19, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
- Frameworks for corporate diversification
- Looking at M&A through a resource interaction lens
- Types of M&A and the specific obstacles to value realization
- Lessons from successful and unsuccessful M&A’s
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understanding the risks in entering a new market
- How to avoid the twin threats to M&A failure – overpayment and integration problems
- How to be smart about your due diligence
- The types of acquisitions that do succeed
The primary learning mechanism is going to be open discussion of cases and conceptual material.
Who Should Attend
Executives and managers in all areas that want to extend their understanding of the challenges to growth through Mergers and Acquisitions. Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions is not a pre-requisite. The course will also help to enhance your understanding of corporate strategy.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant