As companies expand their operations globally, managers increasingly need to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues, employees, employers, vendors, and others whose cultural background is different from their own. Success in communication, interaction and influence depends on having insight and understanding of differences in values, assumptions, expectations, and behavioral styles. Participants will study various models for understanding behavior within a cultural context and learn to interact appropriately for positive impact.
This seminar will use discussions, exercises, case studies, videos, simulations and group examples to help participants explore a conceptual framework for understanding their own culture, behavior and communications styles, as well as how those affect relationships with others of different backgrounds. Participants will develop a behavioral repertoire for effectively communicating cross culturally, with focus on developing skills for effective communications and interactions.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Craig Storti||Tuesday, June 9, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 a.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Date and Time:
Tuesday, June 9, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 a.m.
Event has Passed
- Understanding one’s personality and culture—and those of others—and how they affect communication style
- Establishing frameworks for understanding cross-cultural similarities and differences
- Developing skills for successful cross-cultural communication
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Build confidence in successful and effective communications with people of diverse cultures and personalities
- Develop skills for communicating cross culturally
- Develop a framework for understanding one’s own and others’ cultures and communication styles
- Identify the means to further develop one’s cross cultural communication skills
Who Should Attend
Managers from any functional area who interact with individuals from cultures other than their own and seek to improve their cross-cultural communication skills.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant