“The most important thing in communication is hearing what is not spoken” Peter Drucker
Listening is most frequently associated with hearing through the ears but we have many sources of hearing, through our heart, our intuition and all of our senses. Engaging and listening with our body awareness and intelligence is a practice of quiet patience, which frees us up from the chatter of inner and outer voices and the desensitizing sounds of telephones, computers and environmental noise. Engaged listening is hearing between words and beyond what is spoken, focusing on listening to what the speaker holds relevant, essential and most important. Through the practice of holistic listening, we can increase our self-awareness to become more aligned with, and authentically present in our actions. This experiential, reflective workshop provides multiple opportunities for participants to practice and expand their listening capacity and capability.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Jackie Stevenson||Monday, Sep. 24, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Date and Time:
Monday, Sep. 24, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
- Strengthening our sense-abilities in professional relationships
- Listening from a holistic perspective for the deeper meaning, intention and purpose of the words
- Nurturing developmental relationships through high quality connections
- Creating values-based relational alliances
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand, strengthen and practice skills for listening fully and holistically
- Learn how to build developmental relationships through inclusive, value-based and ethical practice
- Asses their ability to be fully present in conversations
- Suspend their judgement and assumptions in order to listen from the point of view of others
- Learn how to create relational alliances through high-quality connections
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in developing their capacity to listen deeply; especially relevant for managers, coaches and professionals engaging in collaborative or developmental work.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant