An increasing number of studies in leadership effectiveness show that accurate self-awareness is essential to great leadership. Self-awareness is considered one of the most essential interpersonal skills to effective leadership. In fact, self-awareness has predicted:
- Individual and interpersonal effectiveness
- Managerial success and effectiveness
- Leader behavior and performance
Leaders who demonstrate a keen understanding of their own emotions and can anticipate how others experience their leadership are better positioned to respond effectively to the demands of their environment.
In this program we present specific skill development tools and frameworks for developing self-awareness, the starting point for the emotionally intelligent leader.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Scott Taylor, Ph.D.||Friday, Jan. 26, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. ||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- What is self-awareness and how does it relate to effective leadership?
- How do leaders develop self-awareness?
- What are the factors that inhibit leaders from becoming self-aware?
- What practical steps can leaders take to develop self-awareness?
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Recognize the importance and impact of self-awareness on leadership capability.
- Discover the two components of self-awareness.
- Have a forum to experiment and practice self-awareness.
- Understand what inhibits and enhances self-awareness by examining leader self-deception and leader caring.
- Leave with practical actions steps one can take to develop both components of self-awareness.
Who Should Attend
Professionals at every level working in dynamic, fast-paced organizations will benefit. This program is also very relevant to professional coaches and managers who coach others in leadership development.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant