The process of learning from experience is ubiquitous, present in human activity every where all the time. Learning holds the key to individual potential as well as performance. By understanding the underlying structure of your unique learning path, you will be empowered to enhance your own learning in each new situation, helping you to rise to new challenges, overcome setbacks and adapt to fast changes to your environment. In this highly interactive program you will learn how to learn, understand your learning style, and discover how to adapt your learning style to different kinds of learning situations.
Participants will complete the Kolb Learning Styles Inventory (LSI) as part of the program.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Angela Passarelli and Bauback Yeganeh,||
Thursday, March 8, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
- Learning cycle and learning spiral — The cyclical nature of the learning process is found in many patterns in nature from formation of a shell structure, genetic codes, to the biology of brain functioning. By understanding the underlying structure of your unique learning path, you will be empowered to take charge of your own learning for the rest of your life.
- Learning styles — We all learn in different ways. Understanding your unique learning style and developing your less preferred ones will make you a competent and well rounded learner. Additionally, understanding different styles will assist you in working effectively with others.
- Learning flexibility — Flexibility is vital to individual as well as organization growth and survival. While flexibility may take many different forms, in experiential learning terms, adaptive flexibility refers to the learners’ ability to assess a given situation and swiftly adjust and change their views and actions to respond to the particular environmental demand. By assessing your level of flexibility you will learn how to adapt your learning style to four different kinds of learning situations: acting situations, valuing situations, thinking situations and deciding situations.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the process of learning from experience and how to engage effectively in four distinct learning modes
- Discover your authentic learning identity, including learning style preference and flexibility, and tap into your limitless potential to grow in many areas of your life
- Practice deliberate learning skills that expand your ability to thrive in diverse learning situations
- Create a learning-based strategy for an adaptive challenge in your own life
Who Should Attend
This introductory program is designed for those interested in discovering the learning process for themselves, as well as HR managers, OD consultants, trainers, and educators interested in applying the experiential learning framework in their fields. A wide mix of backgrounds will enhance the learning opportunities for all participants.
*Individual Participants: $645
Affiliate/Health Partners: One class day per participant
*Educators and nonprofit organizations: $420