As organizations reduce middle management positions and foster team environments, individuals have more pressure to self-manage time and projects and increase their contributions to productivity. This workshop will focus on the many facets of empowerment and accountability that lead to positive results. Learn to develop and/or reinforce proven skills to manage your job, including work planning, prioritizing, managing time, and building support among influencers within the organization. Foster leadership qualities that increase personal power to achieve goals and contribute, and leave with an individualized action plan to increase your effectiveness within the organization.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Claire A. Scott Miller||Tuesday, March 29, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Cleveland, OH||waitlist|
Claire A. Scott Miller
Date and Time:
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Understanding the priorities of the organization
- Factors that help and hinder job performance
- Managing up – how to respectfully manage your relationships with those who manage you
- Leadership: recognizing and applying qualities of empowerment
- Planning and time management: event control and attitude control
- How to gain support from key people in the organization
- Dealing with change and keeping control of your career
As a result of attending this class, participants will:
- Build a system for planning
- Recognize and apply qualities of empowered people
- Utilize effective time management techniques
- Learn how to expand their influence with key people in the organization
Who Should Attend
Individual contributors and managers who are moving toward positions requiring greater productivity.