Financial Analysis and Corporate Planning
Deepen your understanding of key financial drivers' influence on your organization's performance and learn the analytical tools necessary to make sound decisions and drive future value creation
Most managers receive a monthly financial package for their business and are involved in the annual planning process. But how systematically does the typical manager really analyze these statements? How involved is he or she in building forecasts from the bottom up after analyzing recent financial performance and industry competitive dynamics? How can historical analysis be used to identify the key value drivers within the firm in order to be more effective at planning for the future? And how does this process increase shareholder value? This program explores all of these important topics.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. |
Date and Time:
Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Brief review of foundational tools
- Financial accounting for managers
- Time value of money and discounted cash flow analysis
- Capital budgeting
- Intermediate financial statement analysis
- Building plans, budgets and forecasts, with an emphasis on identifying the key drivers of future value
- Linking forecasting to the creation of firm value
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Analyze financial statements using a variety of methods in order to better identify key business drivers
- Understand how historical analysis can lead to better planning for the future
- Deepen and broaden their planning capabilities, including understanding how changes in key drivers can influence future performance
- Begin to understand linkages between historical and forecasted performance, and overall value creation within the firm
Who Should Attend
Experienced managers from all functional areas who are interested in building upon their existing knowledge of financial concepts to deepen financial thinking capabilities.
Individual Participants: $645
Affiliate/Health Affiliate Partners: One class day per participant.