For the longest time, the corporate world has focused on product or process innovation as the primary driver of profitability. But these gains, if materialized at all, are often incremental or short-lived. Business model innovation, on the other hand, focuses on the real profit engine—the underlying logic for a company’s ability to create value and make money. By making shifts that enhance the value proposition of a company in concert with its operating model, it is possible to create greater, lasting competitive advantage.
This program will take you through a practical analysis for understanding and evolving your current business model, opening new possibilities for seizing new markets while closing out competitors. Using examples from Amazon to Southwest, you will discover how market leaders have dominated their respective segments by using off-the-shelf products, and how to similarly capitalize on the drivers in your business.
- What is a business model
- Types of business models and the dominant profit logic
- Recognizing the business model that makes most sense for your business
- Application: Building a virtual business model and establishing execution parameters
- Next steps: Planning a migration path of your business model
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Recognize the kind of business they really have and the kind of business model they need
- Identify the profit potential of their business
- Develop a step-by-step process to build the components of a business model that can transform the selected profit logic into real-world value and profits
- Apply a visual methodology to identify, compare, and contrast current and alternative business models
- Adapt best practices from other companies that fit the targeted business model, rather than adopt just any ‘best practice’
Who Should Attend
Executives and managers who have direct or indirect responsibility for the formulation and/or implementation of strategies that affect their organization’s growth and market value. Functional managers from business development, marketing, operations, finance, human resources, or IT, or professionals moving into those roles.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant