Managers face increasingly complex problems and ambiguous situations and often find they need to think more like designers. One aspect that characterizes designers and design thinkers is their ability to visualize problems and potential solutions through drawing and modeling. These are powerful tools managers can use to explore complex challenges, solve problems, and ultimately sell ideas. Even if you don’t think of yourself as a visual person, you can quickly learn to employ drawing techniques to understand existing conditions, envision change in your organization, improve your decision-making and more clearly communicate value to your stakeholders.
This program will enable participants to use visual representation methods to be more effective managers and improve their leadership. Participants will use a progression of techniques from unstructured rapid sketching to structured drawing and modeling in a range of scenarios which may include strategic planning, service design and delivery, improving stakeholder experience, process analysis and improvement, and organizational change.
Throughout the day, the instructor will share stories from his experience leading change in Fortune 100 companies like Facebook, Johnson & Johnson, and Wells Fargo, to demonstrate how these techniques can be used to create innovative products and services, improve customer experience, streamline business processes and develop more effective strategic plans.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|James Moustafellos|| Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Drawing and modeling for problem solving and strategic planning processes, not merely presentation
- Posing problems visually rather than verbally to improve understanding and communication
- Selecting and applying representation techniques to generate new insights and identify pain points and opportunities
- Drawing complex systems to approach problem solving more holistically
- Mapping business processes
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Produce simple diagrams, drawings and models that support their thinking and communicate insights
- Methodically break down complex business processes into simple, logical representations
- Think more clearly about relationships, influence, and causation
- Use visual representation to more effectively communicate new processes, products or services
Who Should Attend
Managers across all functional areas will benefit.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant