(Formerly "Mastering Cross-Cultural Communication")
As companies expand globally and workplaces become more culturally diverse, building a strong organizational culture can be challenging. And when culturally diverse team members are also geographically dispersed and working remotely, leading or working in a multicultural team can feel even more challenging with a greater chance of miscommunication, simply due to cultural differences.
Mastering cultural competence - managing, communicating, collaborating, and influencing across cultures - requires insight into and understanding of differences in values, assumptions, expectations, verbal and nonverbal communication, and behavioral styles.
In this one-day workshop, participants will be introduced to a framework for analyzing and understanding cultural differences in business and workplace contexts and learn how to interact appropriately with colleagues and team members from different cultural backgrounds.
Through discussion, exercises, case studies, videos, and group activities, participants will apply a conceptual framework for understanding their own culture, behaviors, and communications styles, be able to contrast them with those of other cultures and nationalities, and practice strategies for managing and working more effectively across cultures. Participants will develop a behavioral repertoire to effectively influence and communicate across cultures, with a focus on developing and mastering cultural competence for effective communications and interactions.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
Wednesday, July 20, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Online - Webinar||Add to Cart|
- Understanding one’s personality and culture—and those of others—and how they affect communication style
- Establishing frameworks for understanding cross-cultural similarities and differences
- Developing skills for successful cross-cultural communication and managing culturally diverse teams
- Practicing problem solving for culture-based workplace challenges
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Build confidence in successful and effective communications with people of diverse cultures and personalities
- Develop skills for communicating cross culturally in a remote or hybrid workplace
- Develop a framework for understanding one’s own and others’ cultures and communication styles
- Identify the means to further develop one’s cross cultural communication skills
Who Should Attend
Managers leading remote or culturally diverse teams. Professionals from any functional area who interact with individuals from cultures other than their own and want to improve their cross-cultural communication skills.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant