Business changes in the “blink of an eye.” Executives are constantly bombarded with a plethora of problems. The obstacles to success are plentiful and great ideas are simply not enough.
In a world of rapid, constant change, managers need a reliable process to quickly evaluate issues and identify the best solutions. Based on the idea that logically-sound, evidence-based decisions that are rapidly executable are better than ideal solutions that come too late, this course covers a proven process for solving complex problems. Using a combination of analytical approaches, participants will acquire a powerful tool kit for effectively and efficiently developing achievable project outcomes, identifying real solutions, exploring plausible alternatives, creating realistic work plans, and driving execution - all without sacrificing thoroughness or creativity. The net result: better solutions developed faster to positively affect your growth, profitability, and ability to service your customers.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Trish Brandt||Wednesday, June 5, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. |
Thursday, June 6, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Problem definition & situation analysis
- Objective setting
- Stakeholder analysis
- Scoping the problem
- Hypothesis building & rapid testing
- Logical work planning
- Interviewing and data collection
- Data matrix
- Logic diagrams
- Drawing conclusions based on facts
- Designing the best solution
- Driving execution
- Overcoming barriers to change
As a result of attending this program, participants will have learned and practiced the techniques needed to:
- Identify the key business issues, and reach consensus about the nature of the problem to be solved – as well as the specific areas that will be explored to solve it
- Plan and organize faster, more effective and efficient data collection
- Move beyond biases and assumptions, making their logic transparent and open to legitimate discussion and exploration of the data
- Nurture commitment and develop support during the problem solving process to drive results
- Analyze the potential effectiveness of alternative solution options
Who Should Attend
Executives and managers from all functional areas, change agents, and professionals with responsibility for driving business results and/or improving organizational effectiveness. Leaders managing cross-functional teams or task forces, management consultants, and those who are transitioning into internal consulting/problem solving roles will also benefit.
This program is applicable to all for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
The following texts are included with the program materials:
- Designing Solutions for Your Business Problems by Betty Vandenbosch
Individual Participants: $1,390
Package Pricing: 2 class day per participant