Watch Tony Jack talk about empathy.
Empathy is a core skill that underlies all positive interpersonal relations. Empathy enables us to understand how others see the world, regardless of whether we share their view. It allows us to understand the feelings of others, without necessarily sharing them, and while regulating our emotional response. Empathy has enormous impact on all our interactions, with significant importance for anyone leading, managing or working in teams.This practical program will help participants learn about empathy based on the latest insights from neuroscience, psychology and philosophy. Attendees will learn how to effectively balance empathy with analytic thinking, balance self-focus with other-focus, and manage boundaries that are essential to avoiding stress and emotional fatigue. This program will help managers and coaches improve the quality of all their relationships, help them better understand their co-workers and clients, all while avoiding the very real potential pitfalls of empathy.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Anthony Jack||Wednesday, May 16, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- How empathy makes leaders more effective
- Understanding the nature of connection
- The many different types of empathy
- Setting boundaries and avoiding the pitfalls of empathy
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Add to their knowledge of topics covered in other Emotional Intelligence programs, moving beyond the psychology through a deeper understanding of neuroscience and philosophy-related content
- Learn how to listen in a way that moves individuals past emotional obstacles and motivates them to action
- Gain tools for reading, understanding and predicting people more accurately
- Learn how to connect to others while avoiding over-attachment, burn-out and bias
Who Should Attend
Anyone seeking to develop their capacity to more deeply understand others; especially relevant for managers, coaches, team leaders as well as anyone working in a team setting.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant