Deadline to Register: September 7, 2021
Learn how to develop leadership and emotional intelligence (EI) in others through this intensive, 4-day experience based on the Intentional Change Theory (ICT) (Boyatzis, 2001), an empirically-proven framework for achieving desired, sustained, behavioral transformation. Where traditional coaching approaches often focus on identifying and correcting weaknesses, ICT helps individuals set the course for their development in a process that engages mindfulness, hope and compassion. Starting with defining leadership vision, each stage of discovery provides new insight that motivates and challenges clients toward their desired outcomes, for themselves as well as the people and organizations they lead. The coach’s role in this approach guides and facilitates the learning process.
In this program, you will experience both the coaching process for yourself as well as develop and refine the skills for coaching others using this approach. Participants will receive instruction on coaching EI, individual coaching from Mentor Coaches, and multiple practice sessions within a supportive learning environment. Participants will also complete the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) and Kolb-Boyatzis Learning Style Inventory (LSI) as part of their experience.
Program Dates - 2021
This program takes place in 2, 2-day in-person sessions (4 days total).
Two 2-day sessions (4 days total):
Thursday, September 30, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, October 1, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, November 16, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 17, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Deadline to Register: September 9, 2021
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Angela Passarelli and Ellen Van Oosten, PhD||
Thursday, Sep. 30, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. |
Friday, Oct. 1, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- The Coach's role in leadership development
- Inspiring leaders to learn, develop and change
- Sustainable transformation through Intentional Change Theory
- Motivating change through the "Ideal Self" and "Real Self"
- Preparing a Personal Balance Sheet: Identifying strengths and gaps
- Stimulating a learning agenda
- Metamorphosis: Life and work as a learning laboratory
- Coaching through the change process
- Reflection and best practice
- Provoking an epiphany: Hearing a wake-up call
- Moving from the problem to the process to the person
- Leveraging a strengths-based approach to feedback
- Converging on a learning agenda
- The ethics of coaching
As a result of attending this program, participants will develop or refine their approach and skills coaching others by:
- Understanding how adults change their behavior (especially emotional competence) in sustainable ways through the ICT
- Differentiating between ICT and coaching for performance
- Practicing the ICT as a process for coaching
- Developing awareness and appreciation for coaching to different styles
- Receiving insights into the business and ethics of coaching from experienced coaches
Each participant will receive:
- Personal coaching sessions with a Mentor Coach
- Individual 360 feedback through the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI)
- Assessment of learning style through the Kolb-Boyatzis Learning Style Inventory (LSI)
- Real-world coaching practice and experience
- A network of coaching peers across industries
The following texts are included with the program materials:
- Helping People Change by Richard Boyatzis, Melvin Smith and Ellen Van Oosten
- Becoming a Resonant Leader by Annie McKee, Richard Boyatzis and Frances Johnston
Who Should Attend
Anyone seeking to broaden and deepen their skills in developing others. Particularly relevant for those responsible for developing and retaining key talent. Teams are encouraged to attend.
- This program expands upon concepts introduced in other Weatherhead Executive Coaching programs and completes the requirements for the Weatherhead Coaching Certificate. Participants must have completed the following to participate in Coaching for Intentional Development:
*For those who have already taken The Coach Approach previously for another certificate, please register and attend:
Participants must commit to attending all four days of the program, plus coaching practices, assignments and sessions with their Mentor Coach (see detail under the certificate requirements section below).
- The class cohort is a very important part of the program. Relationships with other participants and Mentor Coaches are an integral part of the learning. If a participant is unable to complete the program after starting, they must re-register for a future session. No partial credit will be given for past payment or participation.
Requirements for successful completion of this program (and essential to receiving the Weatherhead Coaching Certificate) include:
- Commitment to fully engage in supportive knowledge and skill development with peers during all parts of the program
- Completing at least six (6) hours of coaching practices during interim and post-program and submitting a log verifying coaching hours
- Participating in personal coaching sessions with Mentor Coach outside of class
- Participating in debriefing sessions with two of your peers and Mentor Coach, during interim parts of the program
- Completing assessments, including the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) among others
- Complete and pass a multiple-choice knowledge assessment
- Completing assigned course readings and assignments
Deadline to Register: September 7, 2021
Individual Participants: $6,050
Nonprofit/CWRU Alumni: $4,538
Affiliate Partners: $4,538
Cancellations and Transfers
All notifications of cancellation must be sent by email to Weatherhead Executive Education (WEE). WEE retains a $100.00 non-refundable administrative fee that is included in the program price. However, due to program demand and the volume of pre-program preparation, cancellations less than 15 days before the start date of the program will be assessed the full program fee. All notifications of transfer must be sent by email to Weatherhead Executive Education. All transfer requests made less than 15 days before the start date of the program will be assessed a $100.00 transfer fee.Available Discounts