REGISTRATION DEADLINE for 2015 Offering: Thursday, January 22, 2015
Learn how to develop leadership and Emotional Intelligence (EI) in others through this intensive, 3.5-day experience designed by Richard Boyatzis, Ph.D. Distinguished Professor and H.R. Horvitz Professor of Family Business, professor of organizational behavior and extensive author at the Weatherhead School of Management. The program's distinctive strength is based on the Intentional Change Process, an empirically-proven framework for achieving desired, sustained, behavioral transformation. Where traditional coaching approaches focus on identifying and correcting weaknesses, this process focuses on the intersection of aspirations and strengths that propel an individual's best performance.
Receive personal direction that benefits you and your organization, including instruction on coaching EI, individual coaching from Master Coaches, and multiple practice sessions within a supportive learning environment. Program includes exercises and living cases from participants' organizations. Participants will complete the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory as part of the program.
- Participants must have attended Introduction to Emotional Intelligence and Building Leadership Capability through the Power of Intentional Change prior to attending this program, to acquire requisite knowledge.
- This 3.5-day program is scheduled in two parts, with time in between for skill building and reflection. Attendance is required for both parts of the program.
- Participants must also complete the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory, a 360-degree assessment, prior to the program. The exercise takes time to complete and compile in time for the program. Therefore, no registrations will be accepted after the registration deadline.
- Creating a Culture of Leadership
- Leadership through resonance: Inspiring others to greatness
- Sustainable transformation: Building leaders through Intentional Change and self-directed learning
- Motivating change through the "Ideal Self" and "Real Self"
- Preparing a Personal Balance Sheet: Identifying strengths and gaps
- Stimulating a learning agenda
- Metamorphosis: Life and work as a learning laboratory
- Reflection and best practice
- Provoking an epiphany: Hearing a wake-up call
- Feedback: A hammer or fertilizer?
- Brainstorming and converging on a plan
- Moving from the problem to the process to the person
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Participate in two personal coaching sessions with a Master Coach between sessions
- Receive individual 360 feedback through the Emotional Competence Inventory (ECI)
- Define a process for helping others improve their cognitive and emotional intelligence competencies in sustainable ways
- Refine and enhance their approach and personal skills in coaching someone through each of the steps in this process
- Develop a network of coaching peers across industries
Who Should Attend
HR and OD professionals and consultants, mid-and upper-level managers, line managers and high-potentials. It is particularly relevant for those with responsibility for succession planning and developing aspiring leaders. Teams are encouraged to attend so that immediate applications of EI can be supported.
The following texts are included with the program materials:
Resonant Leadership by Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee
Becoming a Resonant Leader by Annie McKee, Richard Boyatzis and Frances Johnston
Individual Participants: $4,875
Nonprofit/CWRU Alumni: $3,169
Affiliate Partners: $3,169
Please note that cancellations made after January 22, 2015 [8 weeks prior to the start of the program] will incur a $185 fee to cover the cost of the 360-assessment and administration.