REGISTRATION DEADLINE for 2016 Offering: February 25, 2016*
Learn how to develop leadership and emotional intelligence (EI) in others through this intensive, 4-day experience based on the Intentional Change Theory (ICT) (Boyatzis, 2001), an empirically-proven framework for achieving desired, sustained, behavioral transformation. Where traditional coaching approaches often focus on identifying and correcting weaknesses, ICT helps individuals set the course for their development in a process that engages mindfulness, hope and compassion. Starting with defining leadership vision, each stage of discovery provides new insight that motivates and challenges clients toward their desired outcomes, for themselves as well as the people and organizations they lead. The coach’s role in this approach guides and facilitates the learning process.
In this program, you will both experience the coaching process for yourself as well as develop and refine the skills for coaching others using this approach. Participants will receive instruction on coaching EI, individual coaching from Master Coaches, and multiple practice sessions within a supportive learning environment. Participants will also complete the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) and Kolb-Boyatzis Learning Style Inventory (LSI) as part of their experience.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Ellen Van Oosten, Ph.D.||Thursday, March 10, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. |
Friday, March 11, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, May 12, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, May 13, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- This program expands upon concepts introduced in other Weatherhead Executive Coaching programs and completes the requirements for the Weatherhead Executive Coaching Certificate. Participants must have attended the following offerings to participate in Coaching for Intentional Development:
- Participants must commit to attending all four days of the program, plus coaching practices, assignments and sessions with their Master Coach.
- The class cohort is a very important part of the program. Relationships with other participants and Master Coaches are an integral part of the learning. If a participant is unable to complete the program after starting, they must re-register for a future session. No partial credit will be given for past payment or participation.
- A nonrefundable deposit of $1,500 is due upon registration.
- The Coach's role in leadership development
- Inspiring leaders to learn, develop and change
- Sustainable transformation through Intentional Change Theory
- Motivating change through the "Ideal Self" and "Real Self"
- Preparing a Personal Balance Sheet: Identifying strengths and gaps
- Stimulating a learning agenda
- Metamorphosis: Life and work as a learning laboratory
- Coaching through the change process
- Reflection and best practice
- Provoking an epiphany: Hearing a wake-up call
- Moving from the problem to the process to the person
- Leveraging a strenths-based appoach to feedback
- Converging on a learning agenda
- The ethics of coaching
As a result of attending this program, participants will develop or refine their approach and skills coaching others by:
- Understanding how adults change their behavior (especially emotional competance) in sustainable ways through the ICT
- Differentiating between ICT and coaching for performance
- Practicing the ICT as a process for coaching
- Developing awareness and appreciation for coaching to different styles
- Receiving insights into the business and ethics of coaching from experienced coaches
Each participant will receive:
- Three personal coaching sessions with a Master Coach
- Individual 360 feedback through the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI)
- Assessment of learning style through the Kolb-Boyatzis Learning Style Inventory (LSI)
- Real-world coaching practice and experience
- A network of coaching peers across industries
Who Should Attend
Anyone seeking to broaden and deepen their skills in developing others. Particularly relevant for those responsible for developing and retaining key talent. Teams are encouraged to attend.
The following texts are included with the program materials:
- Resonant Leadership by Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee
- Becoming a Resonant Leader by Annie McKee, Richard Boyatzis and Frances Johnston
Individual Participants: $6,050
Nonprofit/CWRU Alumni: $3,933
Affiliate Partners: $3,933
*Cancellations: Participants cancelling prior to the registration deadline will receive a refund on any payment above the $1,500 deposit. Cancellations after the registration deadline will incur the complete program fee.