A question can be an invitation, a request, a catalyst - or a missile. This course shows how to avoid the latter and instead, shape effective, generative questions for the best results. Business success depends on the questions we ask ourselves and others, with the best questions leading to positive outcomes. The most effective questioners are deeply and genuinely curious. Comfortable with “not knowing,” they care about the impact of their questions on respondents as well as the answers they elicit.
The course focus is on the mindset of the questioner as well as the design of the questions, and explains why the way questions are asked impacts results. The methodology and tools in the course support positive and productive conversations and meetings; and strengthen leadership, team, organizational development and change initiatives.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Marilee Adams, PhD||Friday, Feb. 28, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Individualized practicum to help participants learn to think differently about a current professional challenge, leading to new actions and results
- Discover the breadth of applications including leadership and management, coaching, consulting, culture, emotional intelligence, resilience, positivity, collaborative and strategic thinking, decision-making and problem solving, conflict resolution, innovation, and positive change
- Question Thinking: the importance of internal questions in how we think, feel, communicate, relate and behave - and the results we get.
- The relationship between questions and results as well as questions and change
- The Learner-Judger Mindset Model and how to shift from a Judger to a Learner mindset
- Practical Tools: The Choice Map, Q-Prep and Q-Meeting Map
As a result of attending this program, participants will learn about and practice skills to:
- Achieve more predictably positive results in any area of business application
- Become more comfortable and natural in asking and answering questions
- Enhance your ability to ask questions, and listen to answers as a Learner rather than Judger.
- Identify your own mindset and internal questions on a moment-by-moment basis
- Change your mindset and questions for different experiences such as meetings and conversations to improve results
- Increase awareness of Judger questions and thinking, and build your skills for switching to that of Learner
- Strengthen your ability to deal with other people’s Judger mindsets and behaviors
- Lead and participate in Learner teams and projects rather than Judger teams and projects
Who Should Attend
This program is for anyone who asks questions. It is beneficial for professionals at every level and in any industry including leaders, managers, coaches, consultants, change agents, educators, and those who lead or participate on teams and projects.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant