We all want to be effective while leading lives of meaning, contribution, and love. Through our emotional intelligence (EI), we can develop our leadership capacity to create and sustain desired change in ourselves and in others. Dr. Boyatzis is a Professor in the Departments of Psychology at Case and Organizational Behavior at Case Weatherhead School of Management, and Human Resource Management at ESADE in Barcelona, and an extensive author. Using insights from the latest research, he will explore the link between emotional intelligence and resonant leadership, the underlying psychological and physiological processes that impact performance, and how to create and nurture relationships of deep emotional connection that inspire and sustain us as leaders. Through exercises and discussion, this program will help you advance your development as a leader.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Richard Boyatzis, Ph.D.||Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
|Richard Boyatzis, Ph.D.||Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
Participants must have attended Introduction to Emotional Intelligence prior to attending this program, to gain intermediate background knowledge.
- Emotional intelligence, resonant leadership, and effectiveness as a leader
- The key to sustainable leadership: Managing the cycle of sacrifice and renewal
- Coaching with compassion: a way to develop others and combat effects of chronic stress
- Focusing on the Ideal: using vision, hope, purpose, and values as a constant source of inspiration
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the neuro-endocrine basis of the damage from chronic stress and how renewal experiences create sustainable, adaptive, and resilient performance
- Identify a variety of activities that will help them build renewal into their daily work and life
- Decide how to use their energy and talent, choosing their personal asset allocation
- Understand how coaching with compassion, inspiring hope, and being more mindful leads to sustainable improvements in emotional intelligence, and significant benefits to the coach and those with whom they are working
- Practice mindfulness
- Leverage their leadership by developing a strategy for inspiring others
Who Should Attend
Managers of all functional areas and experience levels who are interested in building more effective working relationships. Most applicable to those with at least one year of experience managing others. Pairs and teams from the same organization are encouraged to attend together.
The following texts are included with the program materials:
- Resonant Leadership by Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant