Beyond Conflict Management: Transforming Conversations and Relationships
Learn how to leverage conflict so that it actually brings out the best in others.
Conflict is natural and inevitable in all human systems. Whether at a personal or professional level, conflict can be challenging and detrimental to relationships and productivity. When faced and handled well, however, conflict can be a motor for positive change and a source of creativity and renewal. Our view of conflict determines, to a large extent, whether or not a creative solution will be found. Successful leaders learn to embrace conflict, create a safe space for honest dialogue, and honor diverse views while effectively reaching agreement. This requires understanding the nature and causes of conflict, the ability to recognize interpersonal dynamics, and the skills to facilitate a process that validates each team member’s contribution, interests, and aspirations. While not all differences disappear, conversations and relationships can be transformed so that fear and distrust are replaced with mutual respect, respect and a commitment to working on shared goals.
In this interactive workshop, participants learn frameworks for assessing conflict situations and skill sets for leading a creative response to conflict. Participants will learn how to leverage conflict to bring out the best in everyone and take the group to a new level. This participatory workshop will draw on the fields of conflict transformation and Appreciative Inquiry, blending successful practices from both fields to prepare participants to take immediate positive action to get unstuck, promote a culture of cooperation, and maximize the creative potential of the organization.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Mark G. Chupp, PhD||
Friday, Feb. 24, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. |
|Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Understanding the nature and causes of conflict
- Assessing interpersonal dynamics, both positive and negative
- Interpersonal communication patterns, such as the ladder of inference, and how to de-escalate destructive conflict.
- The role of the leader in shifting from impasse to conflict resolution, using key negotiation strategies that move participants from positions to interests to promote win-win outcomes
- Strategies for transforming relationships to retain quality employees and maintain productivity.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Develop a working knowledge of different approaches to conflict resolution and transformation
- Identify patterns that hinder communication and discover effective means for making conflict a catalyst for positive change.
- Develop skills and strategies for honoring differences while reaching agreement.
- Learn how to transform conversations to promote mutual understanding and joint problem solving.
Who Should Attend
Executives, managers, team leaders and change agents – especially anyone who wants to prepare for positions of greater responsibility and influence, including interpersonal problem-solving, people development, and productivity improvement.
This program is especially helpful for individuals in high-pressure environments where success is often dependent upon multiple members of a team working towards specific goals.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant