- Identify the impact of trauma on the brain
- Utilize evidence-based practices to develop coping and healing strategies for adults
- Learn to consider the impact of the role of trauma in youth
- Develop practices to mediate the effects of trauma
This workshop aligns with core knowledge and competencies for youth work professionals that have been developed by the National Afterschool Association (NAA) and the Ohio Afterschool Network (OAN).
The NAA core knowledge content areas addressed:
- Child/Youth Observation and Assessment: Understands and applies observation and assessment techniques and tools to meet individual needs.
- Interactions with Children and Youth: Recognizes the importance of relationships and communication in quality practice. Implements guidance techniques and strategies to support children and youth in their development.
- Professional Development and Leadership: Acts ethically, is committed to continuous learning, and advocates for best practices and policies for children and youth.
Intended Audience: program coordinators, managers, front-line youth workers