This workshop focuses on research about and the application of concepts of resiliency and positive youth development. Activities include strategies that strengthen participants' skills in setting clear limits, managing/reframing conflict and assessing current practice.
Intended Audience: youth serving professionals, particularly those who work directly with youth
- Develop understanding of impact of adolescent brain development
- Identify components of positive youth development and resiliency
- Demonstrate understanding of developmental assets, positive youth development and concepts of resiliency
- Integrate learned concepts into current youth programming
- Connect with other youth professionals