*This schedule is tentative, and is subject to change.
Virtual Symposium on Digital Globalization
February 25th, 2022
|9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Launch of the Book, The Digital Multinational: Navigating the New Normal in Global Business (MIT Press, 2022)
- Manoj Malhotra, Dean, Weatherhead School of Management
- John Quelch, Dean, Miami Herbert Business School
- Robert Holland, Managing Director, MIT Sloan Management Review
- Alain Verbeke, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of International Business Studies
Brief Overview of the Book:
- Satish Nambisan and Yadong Luo
|10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Anil Gupta, Dingman Chair in Strategy and Entrepreneurship, University of Maryland
|10:30 am – 11:30 a.m.
On the Promise and Perils of Digital Globalization
Moderators: Satish Nambisan and Yadong Luo
Panelists (in alphabetical order):
- Mike Fisher, Chief Technology Officer, Etsy
- Sreekanth Jayabalan, VP – Information and Digital Technologies, APAC, Kimberly Clark (Singapore)
- Klaus Meyer, Professor – International Business, Ivey Business School
- Bijoy Sagar, EVP & Chief Information Technology and Digital Transformation Officer (CIDO), Bayer
- Deep Thomas, Chief Data Officer, Nomura (Singapore)
- Andrew Wilson, Chief Digital Officer, Microsoft
|11:30 am – 11:45a.m.
|| A brief ‘fireside chat’ on digital globalization
- Jagdish Sheth, Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing, Emory University in conversation with Satish Nambisan
- George Westerman, Sloan School of Management, MIT