Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Information Sessionhttps://weatherhead.case.edu/events/detail?eid=2039
Michael Goldner, Manager, Revenue Management of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. and Weatherhead alumni, will host an information session and provide insight about the company and more specifically the available position: Revenue Management Analyst (posted in CareerLink).
REVENUE MANAGEMENT ANALYST - POSITION SUMMARY:
The cruise industry provides a dynamic and competitive environment with extensive growth over the next decade. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a leader of this industry offering three cruise brands, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Cruises with a worldwide product offering. The Revenue Management (RM) Department plays a key role in our efforts to stay on top of this industry.
Revenue Management is responsible for both strategic and tactical initiatives related to revenue maximization. As a member of the Revenue Management Department, you will have the opportunity to set strategic direction, determine pricing, create promotions, and explore new distribution opportunities. You will create and own the implementation of a business plan and product strategy. You will have exposure to senior management and work closely with Sales, Marketing, Trade Support and Services and Reservations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for decisions that drive in excess of $100M in annual net ticket revenue, including development of the annual plan and monthly forecasts of net ticket revenue.
2. Work with a team to develop and communicate a strategic business plan for each product the analyst manages. This includes helping to determine strategies on pricing, implementation of promotions, global guest sourcing, currency management and maximization of occupancy. Also responsible for developing strategic and tactical responses to changes in competitive deployment, pricing and strategy.
3. Responsible for management and implementation of business plans, including reviewing strategies and current demand to ensure strategy is on target. This includes analyzing and developing action plans in response to changes in micro-economic trends for assigned inventory, as well as the broader industry.
4. Communicate status of current business environment and strategies regarding assigned products to Sales, Marketing, International, and Fleet Operations.
5. Participate in major cross functional initiatives.
6. Plan and coordinate strategies with Sales, Marketing, Trade Support, and Air/Sea in tandem with the Senior Analyst and Manager to improve future revenue performance.
7. Maintain, optimize and create analytical tools, including understanding of demand trends and booking curves by key segments, finding efficiencies and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
8. Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
• Determines strategies and executes decision making to drive over $100M in annual revenues
• Responsible for execution of management of inventory supply in response to market demand to achieve forecasted revenue and maximize volume.
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters degree (MA) preferred but not required
• Bachelors degree (BA) from four-year college or university required with focus in quantitative discipline preferred
• Two to four years related experience in financial / business analysis or related field preferred
• Must be able to demonstrate understanding of revenue management concepts and tools or basic economics
• Previous experience in implementing system enhancements and decision making tools preferred but not required
• Demonstrated experience in project management
• Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver high quality, clear and concise presentations is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this position successfully, the individual should be a self starter and be able to complete a project with little direction. Furthermore, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and accurate manor. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or ability required to satisfy this position:
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and problem identification.
• Ability to collect, analyze and interpret revenue performance data
• Ability to make strategic and tactical decisions with large financial impacts with minimal supervision
• Ability to structure logically quantitative analyses of complex issues
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in global environment
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required and ability to manipulate data essential
• Knowledge of reservations system and revenue management data preferred but not required
• Attention to detail required
• Willingness to accept immediate product and project responsibility
• Ability to operate in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated maturity
• Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at once
Please RSVP via CareerLink: http://weatherhead.case.edu/career/graduate/
Weatherhead Career Development Center
||Wednesday, Sep. 8, 2010 from 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
||Peter B. Lewis Building
11119 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106-7235
||Speaker(s): Michael Goldner,
||Sponsored by: Weatherhead Career Development Center