Information Session: EDGE
Sponsored by: Career Management Office
Date & Time: Tuesday, Nov. 1 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Eastern)
EDGE is seeking students interested in helping Northeast Ohio companies explore and validate new business opportunities through business development, market research and data analytics.
The Summer EDGE Fellows Program offers a valuable experience in real-world consulting that allows Fellows to work with Northeast Ohio business leaders from companies of all sizes, as well as mentors and like-minded, driven students. Work is done remotely and this opportunity can pave the way for connections that may lead to jobs following graduation.
The EDGE Fellows Program consistently receives high marks from past Fellows and companies, and recently received the distinct honor as “The Coolest Internship” in Northeast Ohio (by NOCHE and CBC Magazine, 2016).
· Open to graduate students (all disciplines) as well as non-traditional students.
· Projects typically address many of the core NE Ohio industries, including healthcare and medical devices, IT/software/logistics, manufacturing, chemicals and coatings, innovative technology and more with small, medium and large regional companies.
· Strong candidates must communicate very well (both verbally and in writing) and are self-starters that are inquisitive, independent thinkers.
· This is a paid 40-hour-per-week internship which runs from the end of May through the end of July.
· Deliverables include a presentation and a comprehensive report for the host company as well as presenting findings at a public presentation event.
EDGE has 16 positions to fill for 2017 (coming from any school and discipline), and EDGE strives for a well-rounded and balanced class. This is a competitive process, and applications are accepted on a rolling basis through the end of April.
We invite you to check out a Summary of the 2016 Program and consider applying online. Apply Here: http://www.edgef.org/students/
Many Weatherhead students have loved this program and made great business connections, too. Interested? Come learn more.
Founded in 2005, EDGE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit economic development organization which believes in supporting Northeast Ohio’s leaders interested in developing learning and value-driven companies. EDGE focuses its time and attention on: Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Fostering Current and Future Leaders and Mid-Sized Companies (up to $750 million in sales that sell at least some of their goods and services outside NE Ohio)
Student Registration on CareerLink.
Dress Code: Business Professional
Weatherhead Career Management Office
Peter B. Lewis Building, Room 203
11119 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106-7235
Attachment: EDGE Fellows Program 2017
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.