Have you ever tried to retell a story but completely failed at evoking the desired response? Do you go off on tangents when trying to explain concepts or ideas to your peers and superiors?
If so, this storytelling workshop is for you.
Jack Ricchiuto will join us to offer two sessions, which will help you be a compelling and captivating storyteller.
Session 1 (9AM to 10:30AM):
- Knowing what gives good stories the power of their narrative structure
- Learning a simple model for storyboarding any kind of story
- Building your story portfolio to have more stories to tell
- Practicing the art of storytelling
Session 2 (11AM to 12:30PM):
- Using feedback to develop the power of stories
- Reshaping your stories for a variety of contexts and media: oral, print, presentations, video
- The art of story weaving to build richer stories
- Storylistening: The art of iterviewing others to help them tell their stories and have their stories to tell
Although there is no registration fee, we ask that you consider a $10/person contribution, payable via cash or check on the day of the workshop.
A light breakfast will be offered beginning at 8:30AM.
Registration is limited to 50 participants.
Please direct questions to email@example.com.
||Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
||Peter B. Lewis Building
11119 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106-7235
||Speaker(s): Jack Ricchiuto
||Sponsored by: Women in Business
||Registration for this event has closed
Interested in learning more about Weatherhead programs? Request more information or apply now, or register for one of over 70 open enrollment courses through Executive Education.
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.