Employer Information Session: The Entrepreneurs EDGEhttps://weatherhead.case.edu/events/2011/09/28/employer-information-session-the-entrepreneurs-edge
Christopher Keller, Program Director for The Entrepreneurs EDGE will be discussing opportunities for both first and second year students:
1) Summer EDGE Fellows Program / Entrepreneurial Internship Position Initiative
2) (New) Winter Semester – Business Assessment Internship
3) InnoQuest Program – Managing and Guiding Innovation (taught by practitioners of innovation)
· Entrepreneurial Summer Internship Program
(paid) – Area graduate students from varying academic disciplines and experiences are hired by The Entrepreneurs EDGE as independent consultants (“EDGE Fellows”) to conduct due diligence on new business ideas provided by executive leaders at small, medium or large companies. The internship runs from June to July with an orientation week at the end of May. This program is consistently rated very highly by participants, provides practical application of graduate school course principles, and many EDGE Fellows find full-time opportunities in northeast Ohio as a result of contacts made throughout the program. Students must be available Mondays – Fridays between 8:30 and 5:00 throughout the summer for research, networking and team meetings, though work schedules are primarily set by each team. Access to reliable transportation is important as travel around northeast Ohio is part of the program. Looking for up to 16 EDGE Fellows in 2012. Intern pay - $5,400. To learn more, visit www.edgef.org/students/overview.
· (New) Winter Semester – Business Assessment Internship – The Entrepreneurs EDGE is working with Case Weatherhead (and other schools) to provide a one-semester independent study internship, which would place graduate students at an area company in order to help assess opportunities for innovation or new business development. This may qualify for ‘design’ credit and be well-suited for second year MBA students already enrolled in the two-semester ‘Sustainability’ course. Open to graduate students of varying disciplines. Contact EDGE to express interest. Chris@edgef.org.
· InnoQuest Course – Managing / Guiding the Innovation Process – The Entrepreneurs EDGE invites regional leaders of innovation to lead targeted sessions for business professionals and graduate students. The program ran successfully in 2009 and 2010 for students on Saturdays and many participating students were eligible for academic credit. There have been greater efforts to engage more business professionals as participants, and this course will either be an targeted 4 – 5 session program on Friday mornings this fall (2011) or a 10-12 session class on Saturday mornings starting in January. References and recommendations are required to participate. Interested students should contact EDGE to express interest. To see past curriculums or success stories, www.edgef.org/students/innoquest.
Case students that have participated in EDGE Programs over the past two years, including Jason Thomas, Boris Block, Winnie Li, Tim Anderson, Maura Slater, Rushabh Sheth*, Raghu Thammala, Supriya Pyne, Suhail Malhotra*, Pete Sciulli, Mishaal Murawala*, Meagan Gallagher Schiraldi*, and Vikram Tuscano. (* marks non-Weatherhead students.
RSVP to CareerLink reserve your seat and to view the room location!
Career Management Office
||Wednesday, Sep. 28, 2011 from noon to 1:30 p.m.
||Peter B. Lewis Building
11119 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106-7235
||Speaker(s): Christopher Keller, Program Director, The Entrepreneurs EDGE
||Sponsored by: Weatherhead Career Management Office
Interested in learning more about Weatherhead programs? Request more information or apply now, or register for one of over 70 open enrollment courses through Executive Education.
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.