Weatherhead School of Management is committed to providing a positive experience for all employers and students. In order to ensure students are being treated fairly, we have created a set of employer policies.
Employers engaged with Career Development & Placement must adhere to the following Employer Policies:
All employers must comply with the Equal Employment Opportunity standards by not discriminating in recruitment or employment on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, color, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, or status as a disabled veteran or other protected veteran under U.S. federal law.
- Employers must provide detailed information about their organizations and open positions on Handshake, our online job and internship database.
- Employers may not misrepresent themselves or omit any information in regards to the representation of their organizations and positions.
- Employers cannot advertise or post any full-time or internship positions that are solely commission driven.
- Employers that require students to purchase a franchise are prohibited from using Weatherhead Career Development & Placement services.
- Weatherhead students are not permitted to work at an employer's home office.
- Third party recruiters can post opportunities on Handshake only if they are filling quality positions that require an undergraduate or graduate degree and if they are willing to disclose the client within the job posting. Job postings that do not specify the hiring organization are not approved.
- Employers cannot solicit students, faculty or staff with their products and/or services.
- Employers may not request personal data (i.e. social security number, bank account information) at the time of application.
Weatherhead has the right to refuse service to any employer that unlawfully discriminates against any student and/or fails to adhere to the above Employer Policies. In addition, we reserve the right to refuse services to employers based on students' concerns or complaints we deem valid.
For more information, contact Maggie Smith at email@example.com or at 216.368.2095.