Weatherhead recognizes the importance of pairing your scholarly work with practical experiences. In order to develop your skills in practical settings, we encourage you to broaden your abilities through participation in competitions and conferences.
A case competition is an excellent chance to show that you possess both academic prowess and practical know-how. Undergraduates can participate in a number of case competitions, including:
Battle of Ohio
— an annual consulting case competition sponsored by Deloitte Consulting’s Strategy & Operations practice.
- Morgenthaler-Pavey Startup Competition — an annual startup venture competition.
- McKinsey Case Competition — an annual consulting case competition.
Presenting at an academic conference is an excellent opportunity to take a research project a step further, to hone public speaking skills, to increase your network, and to prepare for a career or a graduate degree. Our students are encouraged to participate in such opportunities, including:
- KeyBank Leadership and Creativity Undergraduate Minority Student Symposium — an annual symposium for business and engineering junior and senior students focusing on leadership, creativity, product innovation, spreadsheet management, entrepreneurial thinking, persuasive communication, and the art of “putting it all together.”
- Undergraduate Women in Business Conference — the focus of this conference is to provide a platform for students, alumni, entrepreneurs and professionals from a variety of industries to share knowledge about current events and trends that influence the global economy and impact professional decisions.
- EEC’s Entrepreneurship Immersion Week — intensive, one-week academic immersion experience for undergraduates from all disciplines designed to teach the basic skills needed when developing new business concepts.
- Nestle Diversity Leadership Symposium — an annual two day immersion program, developed for diverse students interested in business where student gain career insight, participate in leader/career develop skill sessions, and network with business leaders.