The Action Learning course at Weatherhead provides students a true understanding of workplace dynamics and real-world client projects. This experience helps students relate and acclimate to working with other professionals.
Weatherhead undergraduate students who have completed coursework in the functional disciplines find that Action Learning course offers an environment to:
- Apply theory to practice
- Excel and grow in a real-life consulting project
- Test and adjust personal skills and knowledge
- Solve actual business problems of a company
- Navigate a client's deadlines and expectations
- Obtain valuable networking contacts
- Bring organization to projects unstructured in nature
How does it work?
Students work in small teams and, together with the company project liaison, define the project objective and scope the project so it becomes solvable and adds value. At the end of the project the student team provides the client and the Weatherhead School of Management with a final report and presentation. A few example projects include:
- Social Media Marketing
- Competitive Analysis
- Organizational Assessment
- Process Improvement
- Performance Reporting
What companies might you work with?
Our undergraduates have been demonstrating to the marketplace how well they can apply their critical thinking skills to real-life projects since 2005. They have completed projects in a broad range of strategic and functional areas and for organizations such as:
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Cleveland Indians
- FedEx Custom Critical
- Hyland Software
- Luna Bakery
- Matrix Pointe Software
- Progressive Insurance
- University Circle, Inc.