Obtain your BA/BS degree and an MSM-Finance degree in as little as four years in this integrated study program. This program is strongly recommended for BA/BS students (CWRU undergraduates only) who desire to leverage their quantitative and analytical skills developed during their undergraduate studies with specialized skills obtained from a master’s in finance.
This additional preparation will prepare you to make immediate contributions in careers such as:
- corporate finance
- investment banking
- equity research
- investment management
- risk management
- corporate consulting
Overview of your transition from undergraduate to graduate:
- Take up to nine credit hours of graduate level courses as an undergraduate: Case Western Reserve students can take up to nine credit hours of BAFI/MSFI courses as part of their undergraduate program. These nine credit hours will also count toward the MSM-Finance degree.
- Apply for and be admitted to the MSM-Finance program.
- Enroll as a graduate student after completing your senior year: Complete the remaining credit hours toward your master’s degree in the Weatherhead School of Management.
- GMAT/GRE scores may be waived if certain requirements* are met.
- The application fee may also be waived.
Admission to the MSM-Finance program is usually based on academic preparation and achievement (undergraduate coursework and GPA), GMAT/GRE or SAT scores, and genuine interest in finance (determined by essay responses, letters of recommendation and interview).
GMAT/GRE Submission and Waiver Guidelines
The GMAT/GRE is waived IF you are a CWRU undergraduate with a major in engineering, math, physics, statistics, business, management, economics or accounting.
The GMAT/GRE is required IF you are a CWRU undergraduate and your major is NOT in engineering, math, physics, statistics, business, management, economics or accounting.
If your major is NOT in engineering, math, physics, statistics, business, management, economics, or accounting, you must take GMAT and submit scores, regardless of your undergraduate GPA.
Contact Ted Evans, 216.368.2069, to find out more about applying to the MSM-Finance program.
As part of the integrated study program, students are required to design a comprehensive study plan with both their Weatherhead undergraduate adviser and the faculty director of the MSM-Finance program.
For more information, visit the MSM-Finance program page or contact Jim Hurley, Assistant Dean of Undergraduate and Integrated Study Programs, at 216.368.3856, or Marybeth Keeler, Program Manager, MSM-Finance, at 216.368.3688.