Earn a BA or BS degree AND an MSM-Finance in as little as four years
Finance major Evan Harris part of team developing foot-pedal generator for off-grid villagers; team has earned over $100,000 to-date.
Ranked #1 in the nation by Businessweek in 2012, the Weatherhead undergraduate finance program provides students with a solid business background and advanced skills for financial analysis while interacting on a personal level with some of the world’s most distinguished faculty.
World-Class Faculty in Banking and Finance
Students in Weatherhead’s BS in Management - Finance degree program interact with some of the leading experts in banking and finance, including:
- Scott Fine, a former strategic consultant, investment banker, public company CFO and private equity business owner
- Anurag Gupta, whose research develops models for examining fixed income derivatives to examine pricing and hedging performance
- C N V Krishnan, whose research interests are in corporate finance, won the Weatherhead Teaching Excellence Award in 2012
- J. B. Silvers, board member and treasurer for the Joint Commission-Center for Transforming Healthcare, Joint Commission Resources/Joint Commission International, and The Joint Commission with research interests in financial management and health services
…and others. Read more about the faculty in the banking and finance department.
What will I learn as a BS in Management student?
The bachelor’s degree in management develops students’ analytical skills for solving management and business problems. All students in the management program build a strong foundation in business management by taking required courses in economics, accounting, statistics, communication, leadership, marketing, and operations research and supply chain management.
(See the general bulletin for specific course requirements).
BS in Management – Finance Major
As a finance major, you will add to the core foundation provided by the BS in Management the necessary knowledge to be prepared for careers in banking, financial management, consulting, and other fields. The finance major provides advanced skills and knowledge for financial analysis and decision making, including:
- Understanding of global financial markets and valuation
- Theory and practice of financial modeling
- Advanced quantitative skills and application of financial analytics
Develop your analytical skills for solving management and business problems. At just 15 credit hours, you can easily add a finance minor to your current undergraduate plan.
You may choose to major in finance OR combine your undergraduate degree with an MSM-Finance.
Ready to apply? Learn about our admission requirements.
See comprehensive information about Weatherhead’s BS in Management in the General Bulletin or learn more about the Banking and Finance department at Weatherhead.