What is organization development at Weatherhead? It’s a professional pathway to influence positive change and create a better world in your diverse and dynamic domain. Weatherhead’s Master of Science in Positive Organization Development & Change (MPOD) fosters a strategic focus on human relations and factors including economic well-being, social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
The MPOD program is conducted in five separate week-long residencies and one international tour, all spread out over 18 months. Residencies are conveniently spaced 10-12 weeks apart—thereby making the program flexible enough to accommodate the busy schedules of leaders, managers and staff professionals. This design will enable students to attend school without leaving their employment. The intervening periods (between program residencies) include project and group work, self-study, assignments, reading and on-line guidance done in collaboration with the faculty at Case Western Reserve University.
View the schedule of residencies.
- MPOD 413 – Foundations of Positive Organization Development and Change
- MPOD 416A – Leadership, Executive Assessment and Development
- MPOD 431A – Experiential Learning for Individuals, Teams, and Organizations
- MPOD 416B – Leadership and Executive Assessment and Development
- MPOD 435 – Practicum in Appreciative Inquiry and Positive OD
- MPOD 479 – Foundations of Strategic Thinking
- MPOD 416C – Leadership, Executive Assessment and Development
- MPOD 431B – Experiential Learning for Individuals, Teams, and Organizations
- MPOD 470A – Leading Change from a Complexity Perspective
- MPOD 480 – Dynamics of Effective Consulting Strategies
- MPOD 414 – Organization Design for a Knowledge World
- MPOD 432A – Interpersonal Skills Building
- MPOD 439A – Individual Field Project
- MPOD 470B – Leading Change from a Complexity Perspective
International Study Tour
- MPOD 498 – Global Citizenship and Multi-Cultural OD: International Study Tour
- MPOD 418 – Flourishing Enterprise
- MPOD 432C – Interpersonal Skills Building
- MPOD 439B – Individual Field Project
Education between residencies will be conducted via Internet-mediated learning, individual reading and writing, and virtual conferencing.
One of the uniquely rewarding aspects of Weatherhead’s organization leadership degree (MPOD) program is the international study tour. You will travel as a cohort to learn and experience the dynamics of a multicultural student body and engaging directly with consultants and other agents of change during site visits provides an intensive learning opportunity unlike any other. This is also an occasion for Weatherhead students to deepen peer relationships and broaden their international contacts while gaining first-hand experience of global citizenship.
MPOD Experiential Learning Experiences
The MPOD includes two supervised action learning experiences. You’ll form consulting teams to work with Cleveland-based clients as part of the Practicum in Appreciative Inquiry and Positive OD course. The third experience, the Individual Field Project, is a robust action learning project that allows you to work in the field with your organization or an organization of your choice.
For additional information review the general bulletin.
Ready to become an agent of change? Apply online today.