The Master of Science in Positive Organization Development & Change (MPOD) remains the premier program for learning how to manage systemic organizational change and transformation, leadership development, and team effectiveness since its inception 45 years ago.
Faculty who teach in MPOD are internationally recognized thought leaders who pioneered Appreciative Inquiry, Emotionally Intelligent Leadership, Coaching with Compassion, Inclusive Leadership, Flourishing Enterprises, Positive Impact Change Interventions, Team Effectiveness, and Business as an Agent for World Benefit. MPOD is one of only a few master's programs that emphasize strength-based approaches to organization development, change management, and leadership.
By using an applied, hands-on mastery learning pedagogy, students are able to concentrate in one or more of three thematic areas of mastery to earn additional credentialing or certification. Toward this end, students have the opportunity to conduct individual field projects within their own or other organizations; perform teacher constructed real world challenges; and to participate in practicums with actual clients in the field. All coursework involves elements of team-based experiential learning.
Because of this unique approach to learning, combined with in-depth practice, and distinctive coursework, our students demonstrate twice the success ratio in performing change management projects, and nearly nine of ten students advance their careers and personal lives within 1-2 years after graduation.
MPOD at a GLANCE
- 14-month, 35 credit-hour program that starts every January
- Hybrid program, with both on-site and on-line learning
- MPOD will be conducted in 8 Learning Modules strategically placed throughout 4 semesters with a 4-day on-campus module and a 4-day virtual module. This will enable our cohort model to remain, while reducing the studentâ€™s time away from home and work, and travel expenses for non-local students.
- Applied Mastery-Level Learning through faculty-directed real-world projects
- MPOD will provide opportunities to gain mastery-level, hands-on expertise through faculty-directed, real-world projects in their choice of our three thematic areas - 1) Leadership, 2) Team and Interpersonal Effectiveness, and 3) Organizational Development and Systematic Change. Students will partner with faculty and organization leaders to design and implement these self-initiated, self-paced projects.