The Weatherhead Master of Science in Positive Organization Development & Change (MPOD) empowers experienced professionals to affect positive change in diverse spheres of influence. Our program uses experiential learning and action research methods wrapped in an intensive, applied, and highly interactive cohort design, and using internet-based learning methods between each of the five one-week on-campus residencies.
The MPOD curriculum remains on the cutting edge of strength-based, results-driven Change Management, Leadership Development, Appreciative Inquiry, Emotional Intelligence, Diversity and Inclusion, Developing Consulting Skills and Flourishing Enterprises.
Consider the MPOD if you want to:
- learn how to align organizational strengths and make weaknesses irrelevant
- understand the difference between outstanding leaders and those that are not
- achieve economic well-being by doing what is right environmentally and socially to create sustainable value
- learn how to intervene at strategic levels
Upon completion of the program, you will:
- Align organizational strengths and make weaknesses irrelevant.
- Develop emotionally intelligent and resonant leaders.
- Help people change personally and professionally by using compassionate coaching.
- Create flourishing enterprises that are economically viable, environmentally sustainable, and socially responsible.
- Maximize organizational gains by leveraging the diversity and complexity that characterize today's organizations.
- Strategically intervene in ways that produce tangible outcomes.
- Build high performance teams.
Is the MPOD program right for me?
This master’s in organization development degree enables professionals to create a better world by developing human potential with strength-based methods of inquiry, design and change management. The field of organization development has seen priorities shift radically within the last 25 years. Customer service, productivity and the bottom line are no longer the only benchmarks of business success.
The MPOD curriculum recognizes that today’s leaders must embrace technology, globalization, accelerated change, distributed organizing and social entrepreneurship. Even in the day-to-day workplace, new elements are in play; success at a personal as well as an organizational level means balancing technical, relational and human factors. That is why we teach principles of visionary leadership, transformative cooperation, and diversity at work as essential to functioning multicultural and global networks.