Second year MSM-Operations Research and Supply Chain Management student Isaac Miller discusses what he enjoyed most about being a student at Weatherhead.
The Master of Science in Management-Operations Research and Supply Chain Management (MSM-OR/SCM) degree is designed for individuals with quantitative training who seek to obtain a position in operations management or a management position in manufacturing, service or consulting firms that are part of sophisticated national or global supply chains.
The MSM-OR/SCM curriculum provides students with the fundamentals of business as well as depth and focus in the principles and concepts of operations and supply chain management. This unique program produces highly knowledgeable professionals well prepared to make organizations more efficient and competitive.
Is This Program Right for Me?
Typical undergraduate majors include: engineering, statistics, computer science, economics, mathematics and business. Students beginning this program must have a working knowledge of undergraduate calculus, including differentiation and integration, and one semester of undergraduate linear algebra. Work experience is beneficial but not required for admission; many students pursue the MSM-OR/SCM immediately following the completion of their undergraduate degree.
Upon completion of the MSM-OR/SCM program, students will:
- Become equipped with analytical and supply chain skills to become an agent of positive change at their organization within the first few years of work
- Speak and understand the language of business
- Gain a working knowledge of all functional areas of an organization and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues in these areas
- Acquire a network of regional, national and international business contacts
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification earned by meeting requirements established by Operations Department
The MSM-OR/SCM program qualifies as a STEM degree (science, technology, engineering or math). For more information on the STEM degree, see the U.S. Government website.