New Prescriptions for Ailing American Health Care
J.B. Silvers, the John R. Mannix Medical Mutual of Ohio Professor of Health Care Finance, on why now is a great time for healthcare innovation.
As the healthcare sector continues to grow and change, healthcare professionals need to be able to adapt and innovate beyond the traditional approaches to management in healthcare.
Weatherhead’s Master of Science in Management-Healthcare (MSM-Healthcare) will help you develop the leadership and ingenuity to deliver sustainable value and positive change in your field.
Is this master’s in healthcare management program right for me?
- If you are a working professional in the healthcare industry or are looking to enter the healthcare sector,
- If you see the need for innovative solutions to issues in today’s healthcare management,
- If you want to be better prepared to face the changing landscape of healthcare in the United States,
- If you wish to advance your career in medical research, insurance, hospital administration, regulation, technology or healthcare management,
Then Weatherhead's MSM-Healthcare program is right for you.
Our healthcare management master’s program is available in two different formats:
- For working professionals, the part-time program is designed to fit around a busy work schedule. Students attend class one weekday evening a week and complete the program in two to three years.
- Beginning this fall, the MSM-Healthcare program will be offered full time, making it possible to complete the degree in one year.
Unsure which format will fit your schedule and career goals best? Review the healthcare management program curriculum and course sequence and contact Karla Schiebel for more information.
How will this healthcare management program benefit me?
As a student in Weatherhead's MSM-Healthcare program, you will:
- Discuss crucial contemporary issues with faculty who are experts in healthcare finance and economics
- Gain a solid background in business fundamentals
- Explore a wide range of healthcare settings including public health organizations
- Acquire a network of regional and national contacts in the healthcare sector
- Develop confidence as a leader in healthcare management
- Strengthen your ability to identify issues and employ design thinking to innovate for positive change
Built on a Tradition of Excellence in Healthcare
Besides Weatherhead’s longstanding reputation as a world-class leader in management, Case Western Reserve University also includes top-ranked schools of medicine and nursing and a highly respected dental school, reflecting our university-wide prioritization of advancing the healthcare field. As a healthcare professional, you will feel right at home among some of the best in the world.
Management Education in the Heart of Healthcare
Cleveland is the ideal place to advance your career in the healthcare sector. Weatherhead and Case Western Reserve University are located in the heart of Cleveland’s University Circle. Our faculty, students and alumni benefit from strong connections with Cleveland Clinic, The Global Center for Health Innovation, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, MetroHealth and University Hospitals, all of which partner in various ways with our program to bring real-world healthcare management challenges into the classroom.
Trying to decide between a part-time MBA and the MSM-Healthcare?
You don't have to! Students who enroll in the MSM-Healthcare program can transition into the part-time MBA program by adding a third year to their studies. Learn more about our part-time MBA program.