The course reviews basic microeconomic and macroeconomic theory and stresses its relevance and application to Chinese case studies. Case studies cover such topics as supply and demand, consumer behaviour, production and cost structures, market structures, market failure and public policy.
The objectives are for the students to learn:
- Apply economics theories to analyze Chinese economics phenomena.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Chinese economy and its transformation.
- Build the knowledge of how the Chinese market system functions and tell the difference between Chinese economy system and the western.
- Describe the fiscal and monetary policy conducted in China.
- Explain China's impact on the world economy.