The 30-credit hour program is comprised of the following components. Double degree students need to complete Tongji first year MBA courses before starting Weatherhead MSM Finance courses.
- Financial Management
- Financial Modeling and Value
- Investment Management and Asset Allocation
- Global Banking and Capital Markets
- International Finance
- Fixed Income Markets and Models
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Decisions, Contracting and Valuation
- Derivative Markets and Models
- Quantitative Risk Modeling
July residency in the U.S.
- Financial Strategies and Value Creation
- Corporate Risk Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- New York Company Visits
Review the general bulletin for more information.
During the summer of the second academic year, students fulfill a 4 week full-time residency in Cleveland and New York. Cleveland is home to the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and one of the most important banking centers in the United States. During the residency, students will take three MSM-Finance courses from Weatherhead’s faculty, participate in several corporate and alumni events, and attend the New York City company visits. The visit to A-list Wall Street firms in New York usually lasts 3 days with seminars and presentations on site, followed by an alumni reception and plenty of networking opportunities with top players in the financial industry. The corporations we visited in previous years include: Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Ernst & Young, Bloomberg, UBS, AW Jones and Brown Brothers Harriman.