We offer our MSM-Finance program in China through a collaboration with the School of Economics and Management (SEM) at Tongji University in Shanghai. It is the first master’s degree in finance by a world-class U.S. university offered in mainland China. Tongji University combines this offering with their MBA to form a double degree. This innovative program, taught in Shanghai and Cleveland, provides students with both the depth of knowledge in finance and the breadth of general management skills. Graduates come away with a global way of thinking and latest insights on the Financial Markets, models and instruments.
Upon graduation, students obtain the Master of Science in Management-Finance degree from Weatherhead and the MBA degree from Tongji SEM.
Is This Program Right for Me?
As financial markets have become more sophisticated and more globally-integrated than ever, it is vitally important for financial managers at all levels to have both types of skills—in-depth financial knowledge as well as general management skills. With this goal in mind, this unique program is designed to balance the technical dimension and managerial practice of finance in a way that is not usually achieved in general MBA programs.
Students will be taught by world-renowned faculty from two highly-rated business schools in two dynamic financial centers. Students are offered the opportunity to deepen and broaden their understanding of global finance through lectures, case discussions, executive speaker sessions, company visits and a residency study in the U.S. that includes visits to top financial institution on Wall Street in New York.
This program is right for you if you want to become a well-rounded finance professional who not only understands financial markets and instruments, but also has the managerial skills needed to make important finance decisions. We seek to bring students with significant work experience across diverse backgrounds together to cultivate different streams of thoughts. We encourage you to learn more about us and to take advantage of this career-enhancing learning experience!
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Obtain the first MSM-Finance degree offered in mainland China from a top US university with an exceptional reputation.
- Acquire an MBA degree and broad managerial competencies from a top Chinese university.
- Be equipped with cutting-edge knowledge and skills in corporate finance, risk management and capital markets.
- Be prepared to take professional exams of CFA, FRM and other certifications.
- Establish strong business connections with local and global financial sector players.
- Gain internship and career opportunities in Shanghai's international finance and trade area.
- Become part of the dynamic and global Weatherhead and Tongji Alumni community.
Learn about the MSM-Finance in China dual-degree curriculum.