As the fast-paced business world continues to innovate and grow more complex, an unprecedented demand for skilled business analysts has emerged.
Weatherhead’s business analytics curriculum is designed to strategically advance your business analytical skills and place you at the forefront of big data and business operations.
The MSM-Business Analytics is a 33-credit-hour, lock-step program that includes three interlocking modules:
- business core (12 credit hours),
- analytics core (9 credit hours) and
- applied business analytics (12 credit hours).
The program can be completed in 16 months.
Business Analytics Curriculum Module
The Business Core provides students with a holistic understanding of the underlying business context necessary for succeeding in any industry. The Analytics Core equips students with the general data handling, data presentation and business analytical skills, and the courses in Applied Business Analytics build off of these general skills to improve the students' ability to make decisions in the two most common application areas: marketing and operations.
The three overlapping circles emphasize our program's goals:
- building applied analytical skills
- for intelligent business decision making
- using a wide range of tools appropriate for today's business data.
The program is delivered through a range of open source and commercial statistical software (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, Stata), preparing students with the necessary user expertise to excel in analyst positions across industries.
MSM-Business Analytics Program Schedule
- Orientation: Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- First day of class: Monday, August 27, 2018
Students are enrolled full-time.
MSM-Business Analytics Sample Schedule
Year 1: Fall Semester (13.5 Credit Hours)
- MSBA 406 – Operations Management (3.0 credit hours)
- MSBA 407 – Managerial Marketing (3.0 credit hours)
- MSBA 411 – Operations Analytics: Deterministic (3.0 credit hours)
- MSBA 433 – Foundations of Probability and Statistics (3.0 credit hours)
- MSBA 485A – Individual Development (1.5 credit hours)
Year 1: Spring Semester (13.5 Credit Hours)
- MSBA 410 – Accounting and Financial Management (3.0 credit hours)
- MSBA 432 – Operations Analytics: Stochastic (3.0 credit hours)
- MSBA 444 – Predictive Modeling (3.0 credit hours)
- MSBA 445 – Advanced Marketing Analytics (3.0 credit hours)
- MSBA 485B – Team Development (1.5 credit hours)
Year 2: Fall Semester (6 Credit Hours)
- MSBA 434 – Data Mining & Visualization (3.0 credit hours)
- MSBA 435 – Marketing Models & Digital Analytics (3.0 credit hours)
* Each of the Professional Development courses are 1.5 credit hours; all other courses are each 3 credit hours.
Request more info or find admission information, such as application requirements, deadlines, and program start dates for the MSM-Business Analytics program.
Ready to advance your career now? Apply online today.