As the fast-paced business world continues to innovate and grow more complex, an unprecedented demand for skilled business analysts has emerged.
Weatherhead’s business analytics curriculum is designed to strategically advance your business analytical skills and place you at the forefront of big data and business operations.
The MSM-Business Analytics is an 11-month, 33-credit-hour, lock-step program that includes three interlocking modules:
- business core (12 credit hours),
- analytics core (9 credit hours) and
- applied business analytics (12 credit hours).
Business Analytics Curriculum Module
The Business Core provides students with a holistic understanding of the underlying business context necessary for succeeding in any industry. The Analytics Core equips students with the general data handling, data presentation and business analytical skills, and the courses in Applied Business Analytics build off of these general skills to improve the students' ability to make decisions in the two most common application areas: marketing and operations.
The three overlapping circles emphasize our program's goals:
- building applied analytical skills
- for intelligent business decision making
- using a wide range of tools appropriate for today's business data.
The program is delivered through a range of open source and commercial statistical software (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, Stata), preparing students with the necessary user expertise to excel in analyst positions across industries.
MSM-Business Analytics Program Schedule
Students entering the MSM-Business Analytics program will form a single cohort and work together toward graduation.
- Orientation: Monday, July 3, 2017
- First day of class: Friday, July 7, 2017
Students are enrolled full-time for the summer semester. The first cohort is anticipated to graduate in May 2017.
|Business Core||Applied Business Analytics||Analytics Core|
|Summer Semester || || |
|Fall Semester || || || |
|Spring Semester || || || |
* Each of the Professional Development courses are 1.5 credit hours; all other courses are each 3 credit hours.
Ready to advance your career now? Apply online today.