The MSM-Business Analytics is an 11-month, 33-credit-hour, lock-step program that includes three interlocking modules:
- business core (12 credit hours),
- analytics core (9 credit hours) and
- applied business analytics (12 credit hours).
The Business Core provides students with a holistic understanding of the underlying business context necessary for succeeding in any industry. The Analytics Core equips students with the general data handling, data presentation and analysis skills, and the courses in Applied Business Analytics build off of these general skills to improve the students' ability to make decisions in the two most common application areas: marketing and operations.
The three overlapping circles emphasize our program's goals:
- building applied analytical skills
- for intelligent business decision making
- using a wide range of tools appropriate for today's business data.
The program is delivered through a range of open source and commercial statistical software (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, Stata), preparing students with the necessary user expertise to excel in analyst positions across industries.
MSM-Business Analytics Program Schedule
Students entering the MSM-Business Analytics program will form a single cohort and work together toward graduation.
- Orientation: Monday, July 11, 2016
- First day of class: Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Students are enrolled full-time throughout the summer, fall and spring semesters. The first cohort is anticipated to graduate in May 2017.
|Business Core||Applied Business Analytics||Analytics Core|
|Summer Semester || |
|Fall Semester || || || |
|Spring Semester || || || |
* Each of the Professional Development courses are 1.5 credit hours; all other courses are each 3 credit hours.