The part-time MBA curriculum features cutting-edge classes in core management influenced by revolutionary design practices and sustainable value. These classes will help you develop the leadership skills and creative thinking to push beyond the easy answer to more innovative solutions to today’s business challenges.
The Weatherhead part-time MBA program is 48 credit hours completed in just under three years. Core classes meet one evening a week, typically on Monday night, beginning at 6 PM. Beginning fall 2020 students can elect to take up to five courses of the program online.
In partnership with faculty and staff, you will create a personalized learning plan through our Leadership Assessment and Development (LEAD) course that combines the core curriculum and elective options into an integrated master of business administration degree focused on honing your general management skills.
Your first summer semester will begin with an intensive offering of LEAD. The remaining core requirements will be completed within the first two years of your program:
- MBAP 400 – Statistics Boot Camp (completed online)
- MBAP 401 – Leadership Assessment and Development
- ACCT 401 – Financial and Managerial Accountancy (also available online)
- MBAP 403 – Statistics and Decision Modeling (also available online)
- MBAP 404 – Managing People and Organizations (also available online)
- MBAP 405 – Financial Management I (also available online)
- MBAP 406 – Economics for Managers (also available online)
- MBAP 410 – Strategic Issues and Applications
- Elective Option
- MBAP 409 – Sustainability and Social Entrepreneurship
- MBAP 411 – Identifying Design Opportunities
- Elective Option (2)
Part-time MBA students will also attend a Leadership Speaker Series during their first two years of the program, providing an opportunity to hear from a variety of speakers who are changing the face of business in today’s economy. Core classes meet one evening a week in the fall and spring semesters and in more intensive formats in the summer.
Part-time MBA Program Electives
Part-time MBA students choose five elective options in the program’s final stages. You can determine your own focus areas and specializations without the rigid structure of formalized concentration areas.
With the help of our Career Management Office, students learn how to best position themselves for their ideal post-MBA career advancement.
Review the general bulletin for more information. Then find out how to apply.