The Weatherhead School of Management's full-time MBA program encompasses small class sizes to empower one-on-one interaction with academic pioneers and industry leaders. Our faculty excel in teaching as well as research. You'll find their passion contagious.
As a student in the four-semester, 60-credit-hour, full-time MBA program, you will partner with faculty and staff to draft a personalized learning plan that fuses core curriculum with electives that comprise almost half of your program. Your learning experience will be rooted in the foundational management principles necessary to lead with confidence, paired with customization in your areas of interest to establish you as a distinctive, confident candidate for job placement upon graduation.
View the full-time MBA curriculum:
Distinctive Classroom Experiences: First Year
- Leading People and Organizations (LEAD): LEAD facilitates the discovery of individual management strengths and weaknesses through a series of self-assessments, experiential activities, and case studies on team and group dynamics. Based off of the assessment results, you will develop a personal learning plan to help improve your abilities.
- Integrative core curriculum: You will master the core areas of accounting, finance, strategic issues and applications, marketing and supply chain management, operations and supply chain management, statistics and decision modeling, and economics.
- Design and Sustainability: We feel strongly that MBA students must be equipped with creative thinking for problem-solving and an awareness of how business impacts people and the planet. Because of this conviction, we require each student to take two core courses on design and sustainability.
- In the fall, you will learn the principles of sustainability, creating a foundational platform for building sustainable value in business. You will also discover how you can turn the social and global issues of the day into business opportunities.
- In the spring, you will be introduced to design, an approach to management that brings together changing technologies, capabilities, relationships, activities, and materials to shape an organization's plans and strategies.
Distinctive Classroom Experiences: Second Year
AMES Business Models I and II: Spread out over the second year, these two courses empower teams of students to address the challenges of developing a business model for a company or organization. In three distinct projects across two semesters, you will help develop the core business model for:
You will work closely with business leaders all over the world throughout the course to develop solid business models and clear, creative, and ambitious final presentations on your projects.
- a start-up company or newly commercialized technology,
- a new product line in an established small- or medium-sized company, and
- a new business opportunity within a large company.
- MBA Electives: You will select eight electives within your own focus areas and specializations without the limiting structure of formalized concentration areas. Bring our Career Management Office into the conversation when you begin to specialize; they can help you position yourself for your ideal post-MBA employment.
Full-Time MBA General Electives
Review the general bulletin for more information.
Ready to design a better world? Request more information or apply online today.