All applicants are required to submit unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary education (undergraduate or graduate schools) where you have earned a degree. Separate transcripts are also required if you received any transfer credit from another university. Please upload your transcripts in the “Transcripts” section of the online application. This can be done before or after clicking “Submit”.
Only unofficial transcripts are required for the completion and review of an application. We do not accept official documents unless you are admitted and you decide to enroll. If you accept our offer, you will be required to submit your official final transcripts then. Official transcripts must state the degree earned and the date the degree is conferred or you must also submit an official degree certificate from your school stating the above information. We will send you further instructions later.
Your unofficial transcripts must also state your cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) or total average score on any numeric scale and include the grading scale.
If you have earned (or will earn) a degree outside of the United States, you are required to submit a transcript evaluation from WES or ECE (details below). Please see the section on advantages of having a transcript evaluation below.
Waivers will be granted if you meet one of the following conditions:
- Your transcripts state your cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) or total average score on any numeric scale. This must also include the grading scale used to calculate it.
- You submit an official GPA Certificate from your university stating your cumulative GPA or total average score on any numeric scale (examples: 88/100, 3.5/4.0, 3.8/5, 7/10) with the grading scale used to calculate your GPA.
- Approval from the Admissions Committee for your program.
If you have earned (or will earn) a three year bachelor’s degree, you may not be eligible for admission unless you can demonstrate that your degree is the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree in the United States. To see if your degree meets our equivalency requirement:
- Visit the World Education Services website and use their free “WES Degree Equivalency” tool to see if your degree granting institution is recognized as the equivalent of a four-year degree in the U.S. If your degree is not listed as such, you will need a transcript evaluation before we can determine your eligibility.
- If the tool says your degree is recognized as the equivalent of a four-year degree, please take a screen shot and upload this to your application in the Transcripts section. Then you will be granted a waiver for the transcript evaluation
Advantages of having a transcript evaluation:
- Evaluated GPA’s tend to be higher than those stated on many international transcripts.
- If you are an international student, it confirms that your degree is the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree in the United States.
- You may also send electronic copies to more than one school.
When ordering your transcript evaluation, you do not have to pay to express mail the report to us. Simply request that a copy be sent electronically to the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University by selecting our school in their drop down box. We will also accept unofficial or student copies that are uploaded to the application.
Your application will remain incomplete until the WES or ECE evaluation has been received if required. Offers of admission will not be binding until we have verified your degree.
For more information, contact:
World Education Services, Inc.
PO Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087 USA
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470 USA
The Weatherhead Admissions team reserves the right to require additional verification of transcripts, grading scales or official certificates that are uploaded to your application. If documents are not authentic or inaccurate, we will deny admission.