Predicated on the idea that the for-profit and nonprofit worlds each have valuable perspectives to offer, Weatherhead's new EMBA Nonprofit Certificate encourages the exchange of these perspectives within Case Western Reserve University. Weatherhead's proximity not only to our Case Western Reserve's partner school, the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences (MSASS), but also to venerable nonprofits ranging from the Cleveland Museum of Art to Cleveland Clinic, means that students on campus cannot miss the importance of these institutions in our lives and our city's economy.
Weatherhead can award a limited number of partial scholarships each year to nonprofit professionals admitted to the EMBA. For scholarship information, contact Director of Admissions Steve Scheidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.368.6208.
Students replace two classes from the existing EMBA curriculum in consultation with the EMBA faculty director. Requirements for obtaining the certificate are five courses of which three must be from Weatherhead, one must be from the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences (MSASS), and one may be from either school.
- EMBA 476 – Corporate Governance
- EMBA 478 – Leading Design in Organizations
- EMBA 479 – Leading Change: Society
Students must take two of the following courses (one of the two must be an MSASS course; the other may be a Weatherhead course or an MSASS course):
- OPMT 450 – Project Management
- ORBH 450 – Executive Leadership
- ORBH 460 – Women in Organizations
- SASS 405 – Nonprofit Ethics and Professionalism
- SASS 407 – Nonprofit Revenue Planning & Development
- SASS 410 – Nonprofit Data-based Decision Making
- SASS 420 – Nonprofit Organization & Management
- SASS 406 – Nonprofit Public Policy and Advocacy
- SASS 409 – Nonprofit Strategic Planning
- SASS 532 – Needs Assessment & Program Eval
- SASS 531 – Collaboration & Strategic Partnerships
- SASS 545 – Nonprofit Program Design
Nonprofit Study Group
Students will meet to discuss nonprofit efforts in the community and at Weatherhead.