Weatherhead’s Executive MBA Philosophy of Recruitment
The Weatherhead School of Management Executive MBA admissions team is committed to recruiting diverse and motivated students who are dedicated to their professional growth as leaders and global influencers. We look for professionals who are critical thinkers, possess open mindsets, and exude a range of educational, professional and life experiences. These experiences, along with an internal drive to innovate and create positive change, enrich the dialogue and teamwork in the classroom.
Executive MBA Application Process Overview
- Create an application, or log in using your username and password to continue your application.
- Upload the required unofficial documents. If you are admitted and you matriculate, we will require your official documents then. Further instructions will be sent by email.
- When your application is finished, click “submit” to pay your non-refundable application fee
- After clicking “submit,” you will not be able to make any changes to your application form, resume or essays, but you will be able to log back in later to upload transcripts and test scores. All required documents must be submitted in order to be considered.
- Once your application is complete, you may receive an invitation to interview. Interviews are by invitation only.
- Any application that remains incomplete at the end of the admissions period will be denied.
Executive MBA Application Requirements
- Most candidates have 10 or more years of relevant work experience, along with managerial and supervisory responsibilities
- Potential for career advancement to a senior managerial position
- Ability to participate in and contribute to an intensive learning environment
- Time and willingness to make a 20-month commitment to attend classes, study group meetings and other required activities
- Evidence of the ability to complete graduate-level coursework
When reviewing your profile for admission consideration, the Weatherhead admissions team requires the following:
- Two free-response short essays (prompts are within the online application)
- Current resume
- Two recommenders
- As part of submitting your application, you will be required to enter the names, relationship and contact information of two recommenders. You will find instructions in the application for how to enter the information and options for collecting the letters.
- Application fee: $100 (non-refundable)
Detailed instructions are available in our online application.
*If you do not have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, you will be required to take the GMAT (Code is WTJ-F1-47) or GRE (Code is 1105).
Executive MBA Application Deadlines
Deadline: November 1, 2019
Notification Date: November 22, 2019
Deadline: December 11, 2019
Notification Date: January 8, 2020
Deadline: January 22, 2020
Notification Date: February 12, 2020
Deadline: March 4, 2020
Notification Date: March 25, 2020
Deadline: April 15, 2020
Notification Date: May 6, 2020
After April 15, EMBA admissions is ongoing until program start. Applications will continue to be accepted throughout the spring and summer months.
Executive MBA Program Start Dates
In addition to Orientation day August 25, new EMBA students participate in an afternoon team-building session on September 9. The first residency for 2020 is September 10-12. View the schedule for upcoming residencies.