Weatherhead’s Executive MBA Philosophy of Recruitment
The Weatherhead School of Management Executive MBA admissions team is committed to recruiting diverse and motivated students who are dedicated to their professional growth as leaders and global influencers. We look for professionals who are critical thinkers, possess open mindsets, and exude a range of educational, professional and life experiences. These experiences, along with an internal drive to innovate and create positive change, enrich the dialogue and teamwork in the classroom.
Executive MBA Application Process Overview
- Create an application, or log in using your username and password to continue your application.
- Upload the required documents. Only unofficial documents are needed for the review process.
- When your application is finished, click “submit” to pay your non-refundable application fee
- After clicking “submit,” you will not be able to make any changes to your application form, resume or essays, but you will be able to log back in later to upload transcripts and test scores. All required documents must be submitted in order to be considered.
- Once your application is complete, you may receive an invitation to interview. Interviews are by invitation only.
- Any application that remains incomplete at the end of the admissions period will be denied.
Executive MBA Application Requirements
- Most candidates have 10 or more years of relevant work experience, along with managerial and supervisory responsibilities
- Potential for career advancement to a senior managerial position
- Ability to participate in and contribute to an intensive learning environment
- Time and willingness to make a two-year commitment to attend classes, study group meetings and other required activities
- Evidence of the ability to complete graduate-level coursework
When reviewing your profile for admission consideration, the Weatherhead admissions team requires the following:
- Two essays
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application fee: $100 (non-refundable)
Detailed instructions are available in our online application.
*If you do not have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, you will be required to take the GMAT (Code is WTJ-F1-47) or GRE (Code is 1105). The GMAT is preferred.
Executive MBA Application Deadlines
Please tap or put your cursor on this icon to see the definition/details.
November 17, 2017
December 1, 2017
Notification Date: December 15, 2017
January 10, 2018
January 24, 2018
Notification Date: February 14, 2018
February 21, 2018
March 7, 2018
Notification Date: March 21, 2018
April 4, 2018
April 18, 2018
Notification Date: May 2, 2018
May 2, 2018
May 16, 2018
Notification Date: May 30, 2018
After round 5, EMBA admissions is ongoing until program start. Applications will continue to be accepted during the summer.
Executive MBA Program Start Dates
All students are required to attend an orientation session on September 13. The first residency for 2017 is September 14-16 (view the schedule for upcoming residencies).