Weatherhead’s Executive MBA Philosophy of Recruitment
The Weatherhead School of Management Executive MBA admissions team is committed to recruiting diverse and motivated students who are dedicated to their professional growth as leaders and global influencers. We look for professionals who are critical thinkers, possess open mindsets, and exude a range of educational, professional and life experiences. These experiences, along with an internal drive to innovate and create positive change, enrich the dialogue and teamwork in the classroom.
Executive MBA Application Process Overview
- Create an application, or log in using your username and password to continue your application.
- Upload the required unofficial documents. If you are admitted and you matriculate, we will require your official documents then. Further instructions will be sent by email.
- When your application is finished, click “submit” to pay your non-refundable application fee
- After clicking “submit,” you will not be able to make any changes to your application form, resume or essays, but you will be able to log back in later to upload transcripts and test scores. All required documents must be submitted in order to be considered.
- Once your application is complete, you may receive an invitation to interview. Interviews are by invitation only.
- Any application that remains incomplete at the end of the admissions period will be withdrawn.
Executive MBA Application Requirements
- Most candidates have 10 or more years of relevant work experience, along with managerial and supervisory responsibilities
- Potential for career advancement to a senior managerial position
- Ability to participate in and contribute to an intensive learning environment
- Time and willingness to make a 20-month commitment to attend classes, study group meetings and other required activities
- Evidence of the ability to complete graduate-level coursework
When reviewing your profile for admission consideration, the Weatherhead admissions team requires the following:
- One free-response short essay (prompts are within the online application)
- Current resume
- Two Recommenders
- As part of submitting your application, you will be required to enter the names, relationship and contact information of two recommenders. We reserve the right to contact your recommenders directly if we need more information about you as a candidate for this program.
- Application fee: $100 (non-refundable)
Detailed instructions are available in our online application.
*If you do not have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, you will be required to take the GMAT (Code is WTJ-F1-47) or GRE (Code is 1105).
Executive MBA Application Deadlines
To receive a decision by one of the Notification Dates listed, you must submit and complete your application by one of the corresponding Application Deadlines. The Admissions Committee will not issue an offer of admission if an application package remains incomplete.
Deadline: November 18, 2021
Notification Date: December 16, 2021
Deadline: December 20, 2021
Notification Date: January 14, 2022
Deadline: January 19, 2022
Notification Date: February 9, 2022
Deadline: February 10, 2022
Notification Date: March 3, 2022
Deadline: March 24, 2022
Notification Date: April 14, 2022
Deadline: May 5, 2022
Notification Date: Rolling Basis
Deadline: June 9, 2022
Notification Date: Rolling Basis
Executive MBA Program Start Dates
In addition to a morning half-day Orientation in August (date TBD), new EMBA students participate in an afternoon team-building session on September 7. The first residency for 2022 is September 8-10.