EMBA students create innovative healthcare management solutions using design thinking
Graduate students in the Class of 2022 receive awards for demonstrating excellence over their careers at Weatherhead
EMBA Students Work with Great Lakes Cheese Co. on Supply Chain Dilemma
COVID-19 Admissions Update
We understand the constraints our applicants are facing as a result of COVID-19. You can connect directly with recruitment managers for your specific program through virtual office hours and online information sessions for more information on program start dates, application process, standardized tests and more.
Weatherhead now offers a healthcare track in affiliation with Cleveland Clinic that runs in the same cohort as the executive MBA program. Learn more about the Cleveland Clinic-Weatherhead Executive MBA program at Case Western Reserve University.
Cultivate your leadership skills in Weatherhead’s Executive MBA (EMBA) program. Grounded in the conviction that great leadership can be taught and learned, this world-class degree for distinguished working professionals is delivered by renowned faculty who pioneered these principles of leadership.
Weatherhead’s Executive MBA (EMBA) program will help you examine your leadership strengths and gaps and develop a personalized learning plan to become the best leader you can be. For decades, Weatherhead’s organizational behavior faculty members have built a best-in-class reputation for teaching the art of leadership.
You will learn from the originators of these breakthrough business concepts:
Join over 1,000 leaders who have accessed new reserves of energy and leadership potential through the Weatherhead EMBA.
Is the Executive MBA Program Right for Me?
Participants in Weatherhead’s EMBA program arrive with an average of 15 years of professional experience and aim to ascend to senior leadership roles. With this in mind, courses are designed to approach critical disciplines like strategy, finance, marketing and accounting through the lens of leadership. Together with the faculty, students examine how the assets created in—and the products and services designed by—these fields enable leadership teams throughout an organization to function most effectively.
The Weatherhead model of classroom interaction allows faculty and students to share their knowledge and expertise. Furthermore, projects assigned across courses and disciplines enable students to apply what they have learned in their work environment to their scholastic undertakings.
Four Elements of the Weatherhead EMBA
Managers create the worlds in which we work and live. In order to best prepare executives for this task, the Weatherhead EMBA is organized around four elements:
- The development of leadership skills at the levels of self, team, organization and society
- The sociopolitical structures in which leadership is most needed, including government, the world economy and the rapidly changing realm of technology
- The language of business, with a special focus on how it is spoken in the boardroom
- The achievement of change in organizations by leading design-oriented teams
These four elements create a leadership package that will prime the student executive to assume a more responsible and influential position in an existing organization or to build a dynamic new organization. Together, these skills help leaders act with confidence and decisiveness in the face of uncertainty.
With only 16 total 3-day visits to campus, the Weatherhead EMBA is designed to be manageable for busy executives, allowing students from around the world to participate in a one-of-a-kind leadership program.
While the on-campus requirements are minimal, the EMBA program demands a serious time commitment from each participant. Although individual study habits vary, successful students may devote 10-15 hours per week to the program.
Read more about the EMBA’s unique curriculum design and course sequence.
What’s the return on investment for this Executive MBA degree?
Because the Weatherhead EMBA requires a significant investment of time and money, we take very seriously our responsibility to ensure that the return on that investment is immediate, substantial and lasting, both for the student and for his or her sponsoring organization.
ROI for the Student:
- Instruction that combines theory with a pragmatic link to on-the-job application, guaranteeing that what you learn in the classroom today can have a positive impact on your work performance tomorrow.
- A team creation and team management approach that dramatically improves your ability to maximize the effectiveness of team membership and leadership in the workplace.
ROI for the Sponsoring Organization:
- A rapid increase in Weatherhead EMBA students’ leadership effectiveness, problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability.
- Each EMBA student participates in the Application Project, a semester-long project in which students explore their organizations for “design opportunities,” opportunities to create value by deploying resources and capabilities in new ways. In the past, 85% of students have reported that the resulting revenue enhancement or cost containment of the project exceeded the cost of their EMBA tuition, and 35% of the students reported that they delivered a return to their organization that was three times the cost of tuition.
View a sampling of organizations that have been represented in the EMBA.
Apply for the EMBA program today!
Executive MBA for Nonprofit Professionals
In addition to earning the Master of Business Administration degree, nonprofit professionals who complete the EMBA can at the same time earn the EMBA Nonprofit Certificate. The best executives, in any industry, seek out multiple perspectives for best practices. The EMBA certificate program fosters mutually beneficial dialogue between professionals from nonprofit and for-profit backgrounds. As a participant in the EMBA Nonprofit Certificate program, you will build new and lasting partnerships with other nonprofit and for-profit organizations in Greater Cleveland.
Learn more about the EMBA Nonprofit Certificate. Additionally, Weatherhead can award a limited number of partial scholarships each year to nonprofit professionals admitted to the EMBA. For scholarship information, contact Director of Admissions Steve Scheidt at email@example.com or 216.368.6208.